1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PastelPancake, Dec 26, 2015.

1. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I'm only new here so please ignore the mistakes :3

I'm 13 years old, cisgender female, and a question bisexual.

All though my life I've liked guys. Mini crushes, major crushes, the full works. I've felt romantically and sexually attracted to them. My first crush was in kindergarten on a guy.

But lately I've realised the feelings I've had for girls are very similar. Always had a desire to kiss, touch and cuddle certain girls. I liked a girl in year 1 and she was my first girl crush. I've also fely sexually attracted to girls.

I always forced heterosexualism on myself because where I went to primary school gay was an insult. I didn't want to be "gay". I didn't want to be different, wrong or dirty.

I came out as bisexual to my best friend and mum and they were accepting and all was good. Then my mum told my step dad who told me it was a phase, I'm only 13 and I was way too young to know.

Now I'm not sure. I don't know whether I'm bisexual or not. I'm really scared.

Any bisexual people got advice?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

You could be figuring out your sexuality your whole life, sexuality can be flexiable, but it isn't a choice. Gay can be an insult, but it can also be positive [happy and full of life] and neutral [homosexual]. Is there any female you like at the moment? Are you in a position you could ask them out and be prepared for the response [yes/no] and be okay with that? Try it, see how it goes, you're 13 and you are young so trying to find your sexuality by asking people out isn't a bad thing.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC, (*hug*)

From what you described, you do sound bisexual. Sexuality isn't a phase, there's no such thing as "too young to know". There's nothing wrong with you, it's perfectly normal and fine. I wouldn't worry about asking anyone out unless you're completely confident and prepared for a positive or negative reaction. If you need anything, feel free to message my wall when you get 10 posts! Good luck!

4. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Thanks for replying :3
    Yes, I do have a crush on a female at the moment and I would be okay dating one.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2015 at 08:11 AM ----------

Hi! Thank you so much for the great reply :3
    I agree. There is no "too young for hetero". Thank you for the offer to talk some time. I'd gladly take it up!

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey PastelPancake,

Welcome to EC!

Like the other posters said, it is totally ok to be LGBT. So, welcome to the club :slight_smile:

About your age, actually, 13 is a common age for most people to figure out their sexuality. Some discover it earlier (like my ex) and some later in life (19 like me, or even 50+ to some people). There is not a line in time that decides your sexuality, but 13 isn't to young to discover yourself.

Your story is a bit similar to mine. Before thinking about my orientation, i had crushes on women, but later i noticed i liked men too.

The most important advice here is: Don't rush anything if you don't want to. When talking about orientation, it is about you and yourself, so don't worry about what others will think.

Hugs (*hug*)

6. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you :3
    I really do think I'm bisexual and it's never too young or old to know. I've talked to my best friend (pan/genderfluid) and they thought I was bi before I even came out :eusa_clap. I'm pretty excited to join the community.

Thanks for the help y'all (*hug*)