1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's mean "bicurious"?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gola, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know the meaning of bicurious. If you are bicurious and woman, will you have a relationship with another woman or only a simply experience of sex?
    I've never met a bicurious, and in my mind there are only bicurious women and maybe I wrong!

2. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Forgive me if I get this wrong :3

I'm pretty sure bicurious is the desire to experient with your own sex. For example, it may be sexual fantasies or the desire to see your own sexes genitals.

The key to bicurious is experimentation.

I hope that helped :3

3. MayaBee

I always thought that it meant that you are curious if you are bi, but in a quite sexual way, like not many women or men who are bicurious want an actual relationship. Sorry if I am wrong:slight_smile:

4. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bi-curious is when somebody is curious to have an experience with a person outside their unusual orientation- it is usually used to describe a straight person who would want to try having sex with a person of the same sex, but it could technically also mean a gay person curious about the opposite sex, but it is used less often this way. it is more of a temporary label- people who experiment and like it, will most likely call themselves bisexual afterwards, and if the don't like it, the will usually stick to their old label. I don't think somebody who calls themselves bicurious would be ready for a relationship- they want to experiment to find out what they like.

5. Distant Echo

I've seen it used when someone is bi-questioning too.

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bicurious is a stage, not an orientation...though for some it can be a long stage.

It just refers to curiosity about the sex you're not currently experienced with. Like, women sound yummy and you think you *might* be bisexual, but you've only dated guys so far and always thought you were straight, so you're not sure. Or vice versa.

Generally, all it takes to stop being bicurious is an experiment or two...that tends to turn curiosity into knowledge.

But of course, that's not to say that you need experience with both sexes to be bisexual. Curious only refers to people who don't already *know* they are bisexual...but are no longer convinced that they are gay or straight.

And it's definitely way off to think men can't be bicurious. There are *many* guys who have always considered themselves straight, *know* they like women, but have fantasized over what it might be like to be with another guy.

#6 biAnnika, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015