1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To come out?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Okay, so I'm bisexual, and I've never considered 'coming out' a big deal, after all, it's not going to affect anyone else's lives other than myself and the people I date. But I hear many people [accepting or non accepting probable parents] who'd like to come out to parents in terms of sexuality.

So that I can give more helpful advice in the future, why is it important for you to come out in terms of sexuality?

Thank-you.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find coming out to be important. Even if it isn't a huge "I'M QUEER!" even causally referencing dating someone of the same gender, as I see it, is normal and important. Straight people "come out" all the time when they mention their partners, and the notion that we should hide things is flawed. Anyhow, it provides a lot of relief to many to finally be open about themselves to others, something that they may have been struggling with for a long time. Coming out spreads more awareness of our community, as well.

3. ShaiHulud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -Hiding your sexuality may not be psychologically healthy, is what you are and part of you and you cannot fake it, you cannot be another "yourself"
    -Coming out will give you a little bit of peace, less stress, less bad thoughts and less nervous

It will give you for sure relief

4. KingdomKeyDK

It is a paradox...

To provide some insight, usually it is coming to terms with the truth. A lot of people just don't see it as the truth until everyone else sees it and knows the truth. It's a matter of accepting oneself usually.

5. Lyana

When I met my ex-girlfriend, I'd always casually spoken about my love life with my parents. I'd mention a boyfriend or a guy I was seeing. I brought my first real boyfriend home. He would drive me places, give me gifts, call me, send me messages -- all things which they would have noticed anyway. It always felt natural to talk to them about it. So I always told myself I'd come out when I met a girl I had that with, too.

It's not that it's going to change their whole lives. It's that it's a part of my life, and I see no reason to hide it. I don't ever want to hide any of my relationships.