1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm So Confused! (halp)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by StoryFanatic, Dec 26, 2015.

1. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Though I know that I'm bisexual at the very least, I'm still so confused. I have had crushes on girls and even dated one before, but I feel like I'm not all the way there yet. Like there's this big thing I have to accomplish to be officially bi. Sometimes I feel like if I'm not really bi I can't be accepted by my friends who aren't straight. But I'm pretty sure I'm bi.

#1 StoryFanatic, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi story fanatic!

To me, it sounds like your bisexual. I'm the same way. I keep questioning whether I'm bisexual and find it hard to adjust to the label.

Keep hanging in there, it will feel right in time.

I hope that helps and feel free to talk to me anytime :3

3. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dont worry that is totally normal. DOnt be hard on yourself doesnt matter what other ppl think about you. You have to be happy with yourself and accept your self that is the only thing that matters .

4. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks you guys, I'll try my best.

5. Loftymouse

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the feeling, I'm bisexual too and I have had crushes on both males and females, but before I had a crush on a female, I thought I had to accomplish something, like I had to awaken those feelings or something. There is an idea that sexual and romantic orientation don't always match up which is 100% possible, but as the staff believes, those are just transitional phases. I honestly can't tell you what I think about that, but I did believe I was heteromantic and bisexual until I realized I had huge crushes on girls as well, it just took time for me to realize, like how I felt when I had my first crush on a guy. Just keep examining your feelings, and I understand it's a hard process to go through, I still struggle with the thought that I'm bisexual, but what you feel inside will eventually reveal what you are if that makes any sense. And as for your friends accepting you or not, I also understand how you feel, but the truth is it won't make any difference, and if it does they aren't good friends. A lot of bisexuals go through this when they start to realize their orientation. You're not alone. Also, what did it feel like when you dated/had crushes on girls compared to guys?

#5 Loftymouse, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I dated my first girlfriend, I felt more masculine and in power of my relationship. It felt more romantically involved than anything because she was my first. Eventually it became more sexual and it felt right. We eventually broke up because she moved to Australia. After her I haven't had any more girlfriends, but I have had crushes on them before and after my relationship. My first crush was more romantic than sexual and then after my first gf, other crushes I have/ I've had have become more sexual. Though because I'm currently dating someone those feelings toward them have become more affectionate than anything.

7. KingdomKeyDK

I feel your pain in some ways. It is a particular conundrum, but don't worry about it too much. :slight_smile:

8. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I might just take you up on that offer sometime.

9. Loftymouse

Out Status:
    Some people
    So you mean it's more of a feeling like you have to accomplish something to fit societies view of you as bisexual, or to fit your own view? I hope I helped in some way, and you can also talk to me if you need to.

10. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well my view of a bisexual is someone's who's had multiple girlfriends and boyfriends, who's deeply attracted to both sexes in everyway, and never has any doubts.

11. Loftymouse

Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion, that's not always the case because it's hard to find partners for some people, does that make them any less bi? Is a gay person who's never dated anyone any less gay? I think it's more about what you feel inside and whatever you feel comfortable identifying as, that's what you are. Nobody should be able to tell you what you are because only you know that for sure. But I understand how you may feel the need to have experimented to know for sure. Just take your time and when you've experimented enough, you will eventually know. And there's no rush, you don't have to fit into a box.

12. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks, I'm glad to have gotten it out there. I'll keep trying and I'll get it someday.