1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone is convinced that I'm not a lesbian!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Herculesa, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Herculesa

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 17 year old girl, and lately have been thinking a lot about my sexuality. I've realised that I've never had any crushes on boys, and that any attraction disappeared as soon as we were about to do something intimate.

I have kissed/made out with a few boys when I've been drunk, and have hated every single experience. However, I recently tried to tell some friends that I'm exclusively attracted to girls, and because I've been with boys in the past and pretended to enjoy it, they don't believe me.

To complicate things further, I have been turned on by one specific guy only. However, when we become intimate I immediately count how long it will be before I can pull away politely. With girls, I enjoy the experience much more.

This specific guy also happens to be one of my closest friends, so how can I tell him that I was never actually attracted to him?

How do I convince my friends that I'm not an attention seeker or in denial about my sexuality?

Thanks so much.

2. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Could this be an emotional thing? Are you struggling because you've been drunk and not emotionally attached? the one guy that turned you on seems to be the friend (emotional connection).

maybe spend some real time with people in general, guys and girls if you'd like, and see how they make you feel and build on that? just a thought.

It seems like you're not too sure either (welcome to the club). so don't worry about the label just yet?

3. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Herculesa and welcome to EC :3

From what you said, it sounds like you could most likely be lesbian. However, that's for you to decide. Don't worry if you take a bit of time deciding your label. It's completely up to you!

You could tell them you like girls more than guys if they still don't believe you. And if they don't, ask them why. Are they homophobic? Unaccepting? If they are, do you really need friends like that?

Feel free to talk to me any time, okay?

Happy to help :3

4. Herculesa

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Thanks for responding. It could be emotional, despite being friends with loads of boys, this guy is the only one who I've ever had feelings for.

I think I do need to explore more, I think I may be bisexual. Thanks again.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2015 at 03:53 PM ----------

Thanks for replying. :slight_smile: I don't think they're homophobic as such, I think they're more just sceptical.

I think I will try telling them that I like girls more than boys if it comes up again, I'm kind of hoping it doesn't because I'm finding talking about it in real life quite embarrassing for some reason.