1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you make your sexuality steady?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Yami, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know this is going to be a stupid question, some may even find it offensive (I have a special skill in upsetting people without intend to), but it's a really serious question. Can you stop your sexuality from being fluid? I'm a 15 year old girl and I figured out I wasn't straight around elevenish, and labeled myself bi in my head simply because I didn't know. I didn't want to be with guys but I also didn't want to rule them out from my life. Even though I had set this label, this bothered me very much. I thought about it every single day, multiple times a day, trying to figure out if I was a lesbian or not). This went on until about last year, when I was like "fuck it I'm super gay". And I honestly were. I had come out as bi at this point, my whole school knew, but I started coming out as gay. However, this year I've realised I had a point in this "I don't want to exclude boys", because NOW, when I am not a closeted lesbian but an open one, I have found slowly losing interest in girls and being attracted to guys. Again, I may say, because this is what it was like before realising I wasn't straight (without sexual arousal, of course). I started to come out as bi again, explaining that my sexuality changed and at times I may be gay, but then I may be bi, and then I might be straight. People tried to understand. Anyways, now I'm turning gay again. And honestly, I like me being gay way more. It feels more like me. So now to the stupid question. I want to always be gay, is there some way I can stabilise my sexuality? I realise most likely this answer is no, I cannot, but I'd love to hear another

2. spoulding

I don't know if I understood it correctly neither if what I'm about to say is going to be much help.

I know how being gay feels more like you, but if you're attracted to guys, that's also you. I don't know how to answer your question about stabilising your orientation, but accepting that sometimes you may be into boys more than girls is a start. It'll maybe help with the sensation that a fluid sexuality may bring. Also, if you like your gayself more, why not embrace it? Date a girl and be as gayly as you want.

Enjoy being yourself, you're not a label. Classifying is helpful, but it can be confusing and overwhelming in these situations.