1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay male needing advice about possible bisexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Urbanhippie, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Urbanhippie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone,
    Just registered and am looking for a little advice. For years I've considered myself a gay man, and was pretty happy. But during these last two years I am wondering if I'm bisexual or just curious. My sex drive has declined towards men ( even though my therapist thinks it has something to do with my depression ) and I've began to notice women in a new light. Now mind you I find myself more attracted to men. This has caused me severe anxiety and depression because I throughly enjoyed my sex life with men. I do get somewhat aroused by women, but I'm not happy with these feelings. My fantasy life involves both sexes ( men somewhat more) but to find "full" satisfaction I image sinereos involving men. Can anyone here offer any advice to help me sort through the confusion in my mind?

2. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Based on what you said you might be a kinsey scale 5.
    Kinsey Scale Test
    The Kinsey Institute - Kinsey Sexuality Rating Scale

As much as I dont like the kinsey scale (it is not asexual, pansexual, or trans inclusive) it is descent at describing people on the straight, bi, gay continuum. I think based on what you described that you could feasibly consider yourself bisexual, but based on past experiences you could also identify as gay just as easily. It just comes down to what feels most comfortable. For all intents and purposes though, you seem to be gay. Then again, that's for you to decide. Good luck and hope you find some peace! (*hug*)

3. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess my question is why do these feelings of being attracted to women bother you? (There is no right or wrong answer.) I guess I don't see the harm in being a gay man who also finds women beautiful and sexually arousing. But given the choice, I would always go gay. Something tells me you would too.

4. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My question is why do these feelings of being attracted to women bother you? (There is no right or wrong answer.) I guess I don't see the harm in being a gay man who also finds women beautiful and sexually arousing. But given the choice, I would always go gay. Something tells me you would too.