1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi but calls myself homo.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I'm bisexual but I find it easier to call myself attracted to same-sex [SS] when being asked what my sexuality is [never actually have, but in my head] so will it be different if I ever get asked to say it aloud, or does it mean I'm really attracted to only SS? And If I'm really attracted to only SS can I have an openness to dating opposite-sex [OS] like I can for non-binary gender?

In my lifetime I've only found one OS 'drop-dead gorgeous' to the point I couldn't talk to, but then the rest seems to be SS , but the feelings I felt for that one OS were more than that of SS.

I mean, I don't want to have sex with anyone as I find any touching scary due to childhood events [so I'm not asexual] so I'm not sure where the attraction is.

Thank-you.

#1 Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you identify as bi in your head, then why would you come out to other people as attracted to members of the same sex? Also, there is such thing as pansexual which is an attraction to any gender you might come across, which encompasses non-binary genders as well. Also, bisexuality isn't always split 50/50 when it comes to amount of attraction. Bisexual people can lean more towards one sex than the other, and it can even fluctuate over time. You could also be homoflexible which means that you're primarily attracted to members of the same sex, but if the right member of the opposite sex was to come along, you could form an attraction.

Also, it's fine if you don't want to have sex with anyone due to previous experiences. Sexuality doesn't just encompass sexual desire. It can also pertain to romantic desire as well.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been repressing the fact I like OS for the past four years due to the OS who made me realize I like OS was five years older than me and my third cousin - so kind of embarrassing if people find out this is how I found out I like OS as well. During my whole life SS has always been normal to me, so I never assumed I would get asked how I realized I liked SS but since liking OS hasn't always been normal for me, I thought I'd get asked how I realized it.

My complex is that it's only ever been this one OS, so maybe it really was just that one.

I know it sounds a bit silly now, people probably won't ask me how I realized my sexuality unless I tell them, but I was 13 back then and I thought people were like that.

#3 Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015