1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Bi-Curious questions about exploration

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by IAmMaya, Dec 29, 2015.

1. IAmMaya

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So basically I'm 20 years old and this is my story..

I am definitely bi-curious, and I've done a couple things with guys in the past and enjoyed myself, but I've not done the things that I am really truly curious about. Over the last year or so my sexuality has evolved quite a bit, and I'm no longer willing to just go do something with somebody I don't know, or somebody I'm not very familiar with in the very least.

My concern is that I won't be able to find a guy to experiment with, however I should mention time really isn't much of an object - the only thing is I would hate to be skimping myself out of a relationship I might be enjoying more if I get myself with a girl again and (who knows) wind up getting married w/o ever experiencing the embraces of a man that I have longed for.

Basically I need help understanding, what limits should I be putting on these encounters? How can I talk to a man I am interested in about sex without making it strange/awkward - because ultimately I'm going to have to approach friends about this, not people I've just stumbled across all of a sudden. I want to try all avenues of this sexuality but I need to take steps, because I'm most shy around guys - not girls.. I'm very confident with women but men ... I clench up like a clamshell with a pliar on it's butt. So essentially how best do I wade into these waters without ruining what could be a wonderful thing for me?

Also, if there is any other advice you might have for a bi-curious (introvert) attempting to explore his sexuality I would really appreciate it. In the meantime I will continue lurking the forums and trying to get as many pointers as I possibly can.

Thanks,
    Maya.