1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by shark567911, Dec 30, 2015.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone! For 2 years I knew I was gay but I would always deny it because I was scared, but in the May of 2015 I took a hard look at my life and accepted myself as gay. I realized I cannot lie to myself anymore and I need to accept me for who I am. These past 7 months have been exciting because I am discovering and embracing a whole new side of myself. Nowadays I have been thinking about being truthful to my family however I am having trouble. I know (and feel in my heart) that I am definitely gay but something is holding me back from coming out. I am having doubts and I am secretly scared about my sexuality. I keep thinking what if I am bisexual and I am scared that one day I am going to wake up and not recognize myself. I'm not sure if I am 100% gay or if I am just telling myself that because it is just easier. I am never attracted to females romantically or sexually which means I am not bisexual but I am scared that maybe there is a tiny bit of bisexuality in me and I am just shoving those feelings away because I think I am gay. I heard that for many, bisexuality is like a bridge to fully accepting that they are gay and may just be part of their coping process. So my concern is, that I am very comfortable being gay but I am scared that I may be rushing my feelings. I keep thinking what if I am one of those people who are truly bisexual. I know a lot of you will say wait and figure out your feelings and try experimenting with both, but I just really want to know what I am. I know labels are not important but I can't stop thinking about it. I am too young to have the opportunity to "experiment" with both genders (especially since I'm ugly). I am just lonely and confused and I need help finding myself. To those who have gone through this, how did you figure yourself out and how long did it take to fully figure things out. Also, after going through finding yourself, what was the outcome for you?

Thank you all in advance :lol: . Love you all :kiss: LGBT Pride! (!)

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen a lot of posts on here with similar situations. And, I know a lot of people who might identify as Bi first, and then later turn out to be gay. And things typically work out well for those people, and most people who thought those people were bi before, don't mind that they're gay. But. I wouldn't want to mislabel myself, I know that. So here's a term for you buddy. It's called queer. It basically means; part of the community. Though it's most commonly associated with gay; it can also mean bi, pan, asexual, etc.

Do you think that'll work for you?

If not; I'd say your safest bet is to say you're probably gay, but bicurious. I mean, it's not exactly a label(it's more like two labels) but it's the truth. Gay and Bicurious. So if people ask, you can tell them that.

Hope this helps!

#2 Linus, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015