1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elementary School Homophobia?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thatchickcj, Dec 30, 2015.

1. thatchickcj

So I've been writing this coming out letter for my parents for almost a month now. This letter basically maps out any gay-ish memory I've had that's sort of guided me to where I am now with discovering my sexuality.

In this letter I started out with addressing this fake boyfriend I had in the third grade. I talked about how I only made up my crush on him because I was scared the other girls would think I was weird for not having a crush. ANYHOW!

And I don't remember people talking about homosexuality (or anything else that wasn't straight) that much back then, but I know I remembered that I was extremely uncomfortable when this other girl asked me if I wanted to play the husband because we didn't have a guy to play the husband in this recess game called House.

I can't recall this moment too much in detail, because it was literally ten years ago, but I'm pretty sure I asked to play the game with her (instead of being invited to) and that my other peers were okay with playing the husband (and I was fine with their decision to do so) platonic-ly.

I don't know is this is either hella ironic homophobia or just a blinking lit sight that says gay? What do y'all think?

#1 thatchickcj, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

That she thought of you to be the husband? I don't think that's homophobia in any way.
    I can remember playing female roles at school, even though we had female friends - everyone did it, or so I believe.

3. thatchickcj

Nah m8. I'm not sure if my reaction was homophobic.

#3 thatchickcj, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015