1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a relationship.. but still questioning?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by StoryFanatic, Dec 30, 2015.

1. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As of right now I'm in a straight relationship.. or at least as far as I can see it. Anyways, I'm dating this guy, let's call him Tony for now. I really do love him but I can't see myself in a sexual relationship with him. He just doesn't appeal that way to me. I talked to a friend and they said that I've just been confused about a lot of things because of my home life so it's normal to be confused. But I've been confused for a while so even though I respect what they think I don't think that's it. I think I'm slowly realizing that I'm Heteroromantic instead of Homoromantic. I don't know anymore. I just want to be who I am, but what will happen to Tony? Will I have to tell him? Break up with him?

2. spoulding

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. I liked him, but didn't have any sexual attraction. We broke up because he wasn't willing to have a non-sexual relationship. The best thing to do in this situation is to talk to him. Having a honest and open relationship is always for the best. If he doesn't accept how you feel, you're probably in a relationship with the wrong person.

3. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, I just really needed some help.

4. kingdom1830

I don't know how old are you. Maybe you have reached the age where you crave for sex?

Just don't rush to label yourself. Experiment a little. You don't know for sure if you don't try the sex first. Maybe you like it, or not. We can't try the sex for you, you know...

Maybe he isn't the right guy? Maybe he isn't physically appealing. There isn't a lot of information presented, so I can't say for sure.

It is easy to be confused if you are a teenager. I would say to experiment as much as you can. Don't label yourself. To put a cliche, follow you heart.

5. penelope

I'm not really experienced when it comes to relationships but I think that you should talk to "Tony" about how you're feeling. He might not be allowed to have a say in your orientation but I think that he deserves to know that you're confused and maybe you should think and talk about your relationship with him. Like does it make sense for you to still be together and stuff like that.

6. spoulding

I've never had sex with a guy and I don't need to to know that I won't enjoy it. I'm not saying this is the case for her, but you don't have to have sex to know if you like it.

7. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, it's just been very hard to look at him that way. In a sexual, more intimate way. He's like a teddy bear. Something to cuddle and will listen to you, but you're not really sure what to think of it. No, I have never had sex and I understand why that would take a large role in how I feel, but it doesn't seem appealing. Just the thought of it starts to make my mind spin with mixed emotions.

It's hard for me to imagine letting him get close to me like that with so emotionally close we've gotten. It scares me to have that kind of relationship with someone I trust so dearly and yet trust very little if that makes sense. I know he's a good person, but with what my family life has been like I can see nothing good with letting him get that close.

I know that my age (14) isn't the best age to think about these things this deeply. I just want to start to understand myself a little better. And what I've found scares me. Things like not loving my boyfriend like that. Again I know that 14 year olds shouldn't be thinking about sex like that but it's hard not to when that's all everyone talks about. I try to look at him just romantically to save my relationship, but I'm struggling. When I finally see myself as bisexual and come to accept it, this situation brings me back into confusion.

8. spoulding

Talk to him about how you feel. Keeping these emotions to yourself won't do any good.

9. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I will, thank you.

10. spoulding

You are most welcome :slight_smile: