1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wishing i could be straight

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by crystalgem, Dec 31, 2015.

1. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm Christian and I guess considered gay. (I'm agender so idk if I like that label anyway) I'm just in so much stress.

Even though I've decided from studying the Bible that homosexuality is NOT a sin, I still have doubts.

And it would literally feel so much easier if I could just be a straight cis female.

But I don't think I can change obviously even if I tried.

Anyone maybe in the same boat, maybe wanna be friends? Could use support for once.

By the way, please don't say anything like, "well if God condemns gay people than I wouldn't follow Him" or anything else of that nature. This is my faith and I believe wholeheartedly.

2. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! I totally understand how you feel! Last year I attended a private Christian school and had to stand up for lgbt rights. I was raised a very strong evangelical Christian. While I consider myself more spiritual not religious I am still essentially Christian. I too strongly believe.that the bible dissent condemn homosexuality/ transgender. I would recommend the reformation project website by Matthew vines and his book God and the gay Christian. I have a bunch of other resources I can share with you if you would like. Feel free to chat with me whenever(*hug*)

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in same boat! I actually just talked to a Christian mentor i have about it and she was a lot less homophobic than I thought she would be: more of an idk attitude. I know we've talked before, but feel free to chat if you ever need the help and support.

The Gay Christoan network and createsgay.com are both great resources as well

4. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all, I think it's wonderful that you've embraced both your faith and your identity, no matter how much others say they are oil and water.

As for your doubts, I can relate to that part. Humans often have "intrusive thoughts", lingering notions that they don't really think but are aware of.

I think you should just affirm yourself, saying, " No, it is not a sin, I believe in Christianity and it is not a sin", because you already believe that, it's just a matter of convincing the more involuntary parts of your mind this as well.

5. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can only be yourself, and as yourself, you are the person God created and made you to be. And he loves you just as you are, otherwise, why would he have made you like that?

Some Christians have trouble with that, but that says more about them than it does about you or your identity.

6. GatheredStatice

I have the same feeling often.

I'm beginning to deal with the fact that I am not straight now that I am 36.

I have an entire life built on the premise that I am straight.
    I'm married, have kids. I work for a church that doesn't accept homosexuality.
    (Yeah....I have a :***: awesome closet to hide in. Even I couldn't tell.:roflmao::tears:slight_smile:

If there was something out there that would make me straight. Yeah, I'd go for it.
    :bang:
    Reality sucks.
    I know I can't change. I know that hiding is no longer a healthy option for me.
    I know I need to accept myself for who I am.

I don't know how to do that and not lose the spiritual/religious part of my identity in the process.

7. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

It's weird because a part of me accepts it and another part doesn't. I still am uncomfortable acknowledging that I'm most likely not straight. And I was raised Christian and baptized when I was a baby, but have drifted away from Christianity for numerous reasons including homosexuality. I know there is a god but am pretty confused about anything else.

#7 sunshine360, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016