1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Help Would Go A Long Way

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by schatz311, Jan 2, 2016.

1. schatz311

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey Ya'll

First post. Happy New Year everybody!

My new years resolution was to figure out exactly what I want in terms of relationships, it could be with guys, could be with girls, I'm really not sure what I want, but at 24 years old, I've only been seeking a male companion. Not sexually, but just a best friend that I could share everything with. Although I have plenty, it's inevitable that they are gonna get girlfriends. All of them now have girlfriends except for one, and that one friend is seeing someone that he has feelings for now. It's a tough situation, because all these friends are eventually gonna fail me and I won't be their number one option anymore. It isn't their fault, but it really sucks for me.

I've never had any motivation to have sex with girls like all my friends do. I don't get aroused just by looking at a girl, nor do I really get aroused looking at a guy, however I do notice guys more than girls walking on the street, and it's more of a "if this person was in my life somehow (like if we worked together) I would do all that I can to become really close friends with them"

I've been surrounded by straight people all my life, so I've gone on many dates with girls to fulfill that need of finding a girlfriend. I've only once been really physically involved with a girl, and it was great. We got along well, but it was short lived because she's also afraid of relationships. I'm okay with being gay if I could have that companion alongside me. I've never done anything physical with any guy in my entire life, but I see myself spending the rest of my life with a male companion rather than a girl.

Either way, this could just stem from inexperience, lack of patience and being sick of feeling lonely. I could be straight. I just need help with that first step in really discovering myself. If I am gay, do I need to go to gay bars or find a guy on a dating app that I'd take it really slow with and make sure we're friends first and lovers/companions next? I don't see that as a possibility because I definitely don't want one night stands with random dudes like I've had with a couple girls.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

Yeah so any help would be great.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean... Maybe the best thing to do would be to... Find an alliance, or some other group of gay people.(Probably not a gay bar or dating website or anything. Just a meeting; non romance related) I mean, just meeting new people would be good for a friendship, but then if they're gay guys it can't hurt to start a closer relationship. Also, if it's an alliance of sorts, chances are, they could be looking for the same thing you are. There are a lot of lonely gay people in the world, after all. Best of luck.

#2 Linus, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016