1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals feeling differently about men and women: what are your experiences?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thewolf, Jan 2, 2016.

1. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I feel different about men and women.

I am more commonly attracted to men, though this is changing. My attractions to males feel... More cool, relaxed? More... Idk, more friendship-like with a dab of sex and a smaller dab of romance. I can appreciate in a more-than-aesthetic way appreciate attractive men though, yet... I just don't feel as passionate about them as I do women.

My attractions to women currently feel wild, passionate l, and highly sexual/romantic. But they are rarer than my attractions to men.

Basically,

Men: Awww, I like you~. Let's grab Thai food for dinner, make out a little, maybe have sex, and cuddle. <3

Women: Please stay with me forever, I wasn't myself before I met with you, we'll do everything together. <3

This has been different in the past, but in general I've always felt more intensely for girls, yet I wouldn't say I prefer them, due to frequency and the fact that the romantic and sexual attractions I had for them felt separate, for boys they felt much more unified.

As an odd note, I am attracted to men's faces and general body shapes, (basically fit), but I dislike looking at their abs or pictures of their whole bare bodies... It's weird.

I have heard that this is a common experience. Is it so for you?

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. HentaiMaster23

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well 50/50 bisexuals are rare, so this is completely normal

3. Acrid

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gay, bi or straight, but that being said, I can relate!

It goes something like this for me:

Men: Eh, you're alright. I wouldn't mind having sex with you if you're handsome enough. Alternatively: I'm feeling nervous and my heart is beating like a drum AND I'm semi-excited but somehow I feel ridiculously uncomfortable and unsafe at the same time. I don't really want to interact.

Women: You're wonderful, I want to move into a flat with you and make you feel wanted and loved. I want to cuddle and make out with you, BADLY. Alternatively: Eh, you're cute. But I don't feel any burning desire.

It's so weird, my feelings are more "intense" around and for men, but that doesn't mean they're feelings of desire. I'm often semi-disgusted tbh.

#3 Acrid, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely feel different about men and women and I find it really hard to explain what exactly those differences are. Being attracted or having a crush on a man or a woman just doesn't feel the same to me... I don't really understand why but I think it's quite common.

5. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can definitely relate. For me, it's kind of like this:

Men: We're basically just friends, but I also feel like passionately doing sexual things with you. Even if your not into other guys like that, I still think about you that way all the time, and I can't help myself. Even though I think about doing sexual things with you all the time, we're still just friends. Still though, I don't want to be all mushy about it. Like, I'd just want to passionately do sexual things with you....... and yet not be all mushy about it and just act like friends normally do. That'd be great :slight_smile: Alternatively: No interest at all really.

Women: I think about passionately having sex with you all the time, and I really would like to do it. I'd also like to take you out on a date, and listen to where you are coming from. I'd really like to be able to love you, not just have sex with you. I want to have awesome, amazing sex with you all the time, but I also respect and love you.
    Alternatively: Kind of neutral-I also might have sex with you if the opportunity presents itself.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep I feel differently. I just find with men its mostly very superficial but strong sexual attraction and maybe some cute crush feelings to go with. And they have to be sort of fun to be around obviously. With women its very emotional - i especially care about their personality and really want to sort of look after them, and more sensually sexual like I want to touch them all over and breathe in their scent and just be close all the time rather than just have sex with them. However, I'm feeling very little for men at all right now which makes me feel like I'm somehow turning into a lesbian haha.

Love4Ever likes this.
  7. BookWriter1994

Men: Wow. You are pretty cute? But do I want to date you? You are easy on the eyes. But having sex with you? Eh. Not really my cup of tea.

Women: OMFG! You are really beautiful and sexy. I so do want to get know you! Date you? I would love to see where this goes! Having sex with you? It could happen!

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for me, I've always preferred women over men. My emotional or romantic/physical attraction towards women is much more stronger than it is for men. Whenever, I see a guy, there are only like three things that catch my eyes. Physical appearance isn't really an issue, however, I have noticed that there seems to be something always missing from these relationships. Often I don't feel emotionally satisfied, which is extremely important to me.

When it comes to women, I'm instantly drawn to the way they speak, laugh, their mannerism, and overall how they carry themselves. I feel like I fall into a deeper love with them than I do with men, but that's probably because I am more attracted to them (I'd say it's about 90% vs. 10%.) Not only that, it's extremely difficult for me to get over a break up being with a woman. There was one time when I dated this girl who I fell head over heels for, but she broke my heart and it took two years to get over her sadly. However, when it comes to guys, it takes me like 3 days to get over them :grin:

9. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same-sex [SS]: Always normal. I've always been more attracted to SS maybe because that's because I found out before [at age 7] and the SS I've met just seem to be more attractive. In my head [never flirted in real life apart from when I was 9 so had no clue on how to have a real relationship] I'm able to have a quick-witted conversation and I'm not scared about holding hands or kissing them.

Opposite sex [OS]: Taken me until end of last year to find normality in it. The first OS I found attractive was my cousin, 5 years older than me [I was 13]. My whole family knew, embarrassing. So I hid it so I didn't have to talk about it. In my head [same as before] It's more of a conversational debate I have with OS, quite serious but then after that seriousness it 'melts' into a loving conversation. Kissing after quite a while of getting to know them, I imagine three months.

10. underthebuss

Out Status:
    A few people
    For me I've generally preferred women over men, men for sex and larks, women for the serious relationship. I could be bias here because I always wanted kids...

Now, 45, not so sure anymore...

11. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same, insofar as I get butterflies about both and find myself romantically and sexually attracted to both.

The type of sexual attraction is very different though. It turns on a different pathway for me. I literally feel a different physical craving when I'm in a guy mood vs a girl mood. This culminates in a different feeling during sex, and a different 'afterburn' to the orgasms.

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2016 at 04:53 PM ----------

I am of the opinion that most bisexuals who are anywhere from 80/20 one way to 80/20 the other are capable of being 50/50, if they can iron out their hangups about their less preferred sex, as well as their own internalized skepticism which has been reinforced by society.

12. AaronV

Yes, I can definitely relate.
    I tend to find men a lot sexier and am mostly just physically attracted to them, though I also wouldn't have any problems with dating a man, though I've yet to find someone with a half decent personality.
    With women, I mostly just find them cute and would rather be in a romantic than an overly sexual relationship. Although exceptions might also apply here.

13. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexuals feeling differently about men and women: what are your experiences?

I am confused about my sexual orientation. But I still belong in the bisexual and questioning category of the LGBTQ+ community. But the feelings that I have for men and women seem to have some differences but similarities.

To make a long story short, I started feeling different when I was 11, back in 2008. Before I started feeling different, I developed a crush on a girl in 2007. At that time, I thought I was straight (?). Fast forward, in 2009, I noticed a slight attraction to a guy. But then, about a month later, I developed a crush on a girl. I liked her for about 4 or 5 months.

When it comes to men, "oh my gosh". Men are sexy, hot, attractive, handsome, and good-looking; and any other adjectives that are synonyms for the word "good-looking". I love a handsome man. I think men are sexy and hot (I know I said it before). I love going on google images to look at a guy's abs, The thought of two men having sex turns me on very much.

The feeling of falling in love with another man brings so much joy and harmony to my heart and soul. Sometimes, I wish I was gay, just in so I could find men more attractive. I swear guys are hot sometimes though. There are features on a guy that I just love. I love a good smile, cheekbones, abs, cute face, etc.

When it comes to women, I loveeeeeeeeee women. I think women are some of the sexiest, hottest, beautiful, amazing, and good-looking people to be on the Earth. The feeling of falling in love with a woman is an amazing feeling. It is one of the best feelings in the world. It brings joy to my heart and soul to be attracted to a woman.

There are features that I love on a woman. I love her breasts, ass, curves, hips, thighs, waist, face, lips, cheekbones, walk, etc. I can't really put it into words. I think women are just sexy.

I kinda feel the same way.

I love seeing a person body naked, whether they are a male or female.

#13 Ljjgood25016, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016