1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to be butch

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by treasure1996, Jan 2, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ever since I realised I am a lesbian I've found myself wanting to dress really butch and trying to change my mannerisms, behaviour and voice to be more masculine.
    As a kid I always was very feminine, loved everything pink, loved dressing up as a princess and fairy etc.
    Then I got into my teens and I was the same, but as I got around 15/16 I realised I hated wearing makeup and I felt uglier with it on, I sort of hated getting dressed up in a dress and heels even though I had always loved the idea of it

I'm a very messy person, unlike the rest of my family - my brother who is gay is very neat and feminine, my sister is the same and they take after my mother, however I'm much like my father in a lot of ways. Lately I'm surrounded by girls, even family and whenever they talk about getting their nails done and their hair and jewellery I find no interest...
    I used to however love my nails long and painting them I don't know if this change is genuine and who I am or I have this crazy idea that in order to be a lesbian I need to be butch and masculine so girls will like me

But the only girls I like are butch girls, I just find it so sexy when a girl is really masculine and sporty etc. I can find femininity attractive too however I like a mixture e.g when a girl is a massive tomboy and quite manly but she can still dress up in heels and a dress and look equally as attractive.

Has anyone else after figuring they were gay started to dress different? e.g if you were a guy did you start becoming more feminine and vice versa?
    I wish I had a masculine figure, a nice jawline and manly hands but I have a feminine body and structure but the past six months I've only ever wanted to dress like a tomboy and my mum even asked me what's caused this phase and I just told her I liked it.
    Sometimes I find myself doing really girly things and behaving girly and get upset at myself and try to act a different way because I just wish I was the stereotypical butch lesbian

Any advice, ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated! Aswell as personal experience :slight_smile:

#1 treasure1996, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. NateC7

Honestly, I think you should just wear what you want to wear. My orientation didn't change my clothing style at all really. I just don't believe in conforming to stereotypes either. Just wear whatever makes you comfortable.