1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm neither straight nor gay thus you/I would presume I'm bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Confuseddude, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was having a little thought about my sexuality the other day and thought I'd like to share it....

I happen to be left handed when it comes to writing however I do almost everything else with my right hand. For example if I go to throw a ball, I would automatically use my right hand. I'm not ambidextrous - there's nothing I can do with both hands but I have a different dominant hand depending on what I'm doing. As far as I know this is really quite rare.

I'm not really left handed, I'm not really right handed thus you/I would presume that I'm ambidextrous but I'm not. I'm part left handed, part right handed, I'm both, I'm neither.

My sexuality feels much the same. I'm neither straight nor gay thus you/I would presume I'm bisexual. I've spent 15 months questioning and the most prominent belief that I've held throughout this time is that I'm probably bisexual. I have a very hard time accepting it as I'm scared that it's just a stepping stone towards coming out as homosexual (not that I'm scared of that outcome anymore but I am scared of getting it wrong). but perhaps that's not the main reason I have such trouble 'believing' my bisexuality. Perhaps it's because just in the same way I'm not ambidextrous, I'm not bisexual either.

2. YinYang

Well, you could experience different attraction to both men and women and still be bisexual. For example, I find female bodies more aesthetically pleasing than male bodies, but I'm still panromantic because I'm attracted to both of them. A bisexual person can be attracted to female bodies in a very different way than hire they are attracted to male bodies, but this person is still bisexual.

3. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I guess you're right. Perhaps my problem is that the term 'bisexual' is very very broad. My preconceived ideas were that of a somewhat even split of attraction. That certainly isn't the case. It appears that my sexuality fluctuates. changes from day to day, changes according to a situation, to my mood, according to what side of the bed I got out of.

4. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate. I am off the cuff attracted to men, buy I don't want to marry one. I have been in love with a woman before, but my attraction to women is much more gradual.

My attractions to women feel more sexual and romantic, to men they feel more like intimate sexual friendship.

I feel like everything I feel for boys I don't feel for girls and vice versa. Bisexual implies that I feel the same things with both genders.

I've considered just going as "queer". That would allow me to do as I please, for people to know that I wasn't straight but I wasn't anything else either, and truly listen to my feelings.

Although... My feelings are so specific, they might change in the future, as may yours.