1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NotKnowing, Jan 3, 2016.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have been considering myself as straight my whole life. Now that I figured out I am trans, I identify as gay.. But lately I have been thinking a lot about my sexuality.
    When I was younger I had these little "crushes" on some women.. Like I really wanted to be around them but I was so afraid of what they might think of me and blablabla.
    There's this teacher who's always really nice and complimenting my skills and my friend has been teasing me saying she was secretely in love with me. It was always just a joke of course. (It still is, I don't think that she has any feelings for me whatsoever) but I get really nervous talking to her and I can't really look her in the eyes? I also want her to think the very best of me and get kind of a fuzzy feeling.
    I'm not sexually attracted to her though, I don't think. That's also how I feel towards other girls. I imagine relationships with them and me being their boyfriend, but I don't get "turned on" by them or their bodies.
    With boys it's different.. I tend to end things before it gets serious (I've never had a serious relationship and I'm not planning on it. I need time to figure myself out first) But I do feel sexually attracted to them..

So I'm kind of confused. :help:

#1 NotKnowing, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Emmichan

It is possible that your sexual and romantic orientations don't match. You know how some asexuals identify as homo or hetero or bi romantic? It could be possible that you're like them. From what I'm reading, you could be biromantic homosexual, though I could never know what you are actually feeling. It will probably take time to sort things out, if this is the case, and it will be up to you if you want to identify as gay or bisexual or something else.

Another possibility is that you are bisexual, it's just that you don't like males and females in the same way. It's hard to explain, but I'm bisexual and the way I like boys and girls are different. They're both real, but boys are one things and girls are another. I'm honestly trying to find a way to explain but I can't find the words. I considered the possibility that my sexual and romantic orientations don't match, but I couldn't make any sense of it. I would just try to stay open-minded and accept it if you find yourself attracted to someone, no matter their gender.