1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Get Help Without My Parents Knowing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayPugs, Jan 4, 2016.

1. GayPugs

For all those grown ups on this forum, I'm a kid. I'm too young to pay for my own therapy.

My people to turn to are these people:

Family: So, I know this could be worse but whenever I talk to my parents they make me feel so cold. Like I'm broken. My big brother actually told me I was weird (basically). And whenever I even imply that he might possibly ever meet a man that he likes, he gets angry at me. SERIOUSLY?!
    My Best Friends: I've been friends with my best friends for, about, 4 or 5 years. Yet when I told them I'm lesbian they gave me the cold shoulder all of a sudden. My mom would say different but I DO notice a change. I happen to be dating the friend of one of my best friends and she was SO upset when I told her. She didn't say anything but I could see on her face that she wanted to strangle me on the spot.
    My girlfriend (and her sister): At the moment, they are my best friends. I love my girlfriend but sometimes I really don't feel supported by her. Other times I do. Biggest problem is my girlfriend and her sister moved 40 minutes away from me.
    My yoga group: My youth/yoga/puberty group is always there for me. It consists of me and my four friends (one of them being the teacher but she feels more like just another friend). But my yoga group doesn't start back up for months.
    My Sexuality-Questioning Friends: Their mom was straight, then lesbian, now I think she's bi. So, they are good everything. I've never talked to them about this but they might be coming over this week and I think I might tell them.

So, basically, I'm left depressed and alone. :tears: I would love some sort of depression therapy or something but my parents are...you know. I don't want to tell them I want therapy because they would just say something along the lines of, "Why? You have a perfect life. You have a billion video games, and tons of friends." And then what am I supposed to say? "Yeah, even though I'm insanely lucky I'm still depressed for some reason." But I barely even have my own PHONE yet (it's a terribly old phone that's impossible to use). So, how would I go about getting my own therapy? I'm not going into LGBT groups, I have another thread about that one that you can look at if you like. I miss my girlfriend and her sister so much! :kiss: I seriously feel like I just want to stay in bed all day.

2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

You are not broken anymore than anyone else GayPugs, and you're not weird. Just hang out with people who understand you for now if possible and talk to them. From what I've read here on EC, you are a loveable person because you are open and eager to be yourself and support others.

If you are a teenager, honestly your hormones are bouncing all over the place, which means you might feel like an emotional wreck one minute and on top of the world in two hours' time. It's crazy. This is not to put your feelings down as they are genuine. When you love someone, it is very intense. So-called "puppy love" can last a lifetime (my love for a guy starting at age 5 sure did), or it might fizzle out. No adult, not even a parent, can predict this.

Just keep writing and talking about your feelings of depression which can help you stay away from unhelpful, destructive things like anorexia or cutting.

People you connect with well are lifesavers. Try to ignore the people who sap the joy out of you. As for your big brother, just tell him you hope he has your back because that's what big brothers are supposed to do for little sisters, not torment them.