1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I more Bisexual or Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConnectedToWall, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This question has been bothering me for a long time. I know that I'm more attracted to women than men, but I'm not sure if I'm attracted to men at all. I find some men attractive, and there were times I thought I had a crush on a guy, but it only lasted a day or two. I grew up in a homophobic environment, so I thought I was supposed to like guys, but now that I accept myself for liking women, I can't tell if the "crushes" I had on guys were even a little bit real. At first I thought they weren't but now I'm not sure. I think about coming out as a lesbian all the time, because I've had huge crushes on women my whole life, I remember having crushes on women even as a little kid. But sometimes I wonder if I am lesbian or bisexual, and that is one of the reasons I haven't come out yet. Has anyone else who is lesbian or bisexual experienced this?

2. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiya! Welcome to empty closets \^.^/\^.^/

From what you've said, it sounds like you have been aesthetically attracted to guys. You never mentioned whether you are sexuality attracted to men and find the idea of having sex with one enjoyable. If you do, it sounds bisexual, if you aren't, it sounds homosexual.

Hope that helps :3

3. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for replying!
    I know that I'm more attracted to women than men. I'm emotionally, romantically, physically and sexually attracted to women. I don't feel that strongly about men, but every now and then if I talk to an attractive guy I'll feel attracted to them if they flirt with me but usually I just feel awkward about it. When a guy likes me, I feel like I can empathize with them because I have had crushes on straight girls so I know how the unrequited attraction feels. I'm not sure if I should identify as bisexual or lesbian because I feel like I am slightly attracted to guys I'm just not sure if I would ever want to be in a relationship with one.