1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is He Gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayPugs, Jan 10, 2016.

1. GayPugs

My best friend in the whole world is...well, my best friend in the whole world! You see, back when I was pretending to be straight he was my "crush" now I've realized he's really just my very best friend! I love him like a brother! Well, he used to have a mom and a dad. They divorced because the mom was lesbian. She...well, I've never felt very close to her. :dry: She actually had a girlfriend and then they broke up and she realized she was bi...but, that doesn't matter. I haven't come out to my friend yet because I don't know how he's gonna take it. I've always thought he might've...had a crush on me. But, last time I saw him, all he could talk about was gay marriage. He came over to my house to chat and we ended up playing The Game of Life (or Life, as I call it). In The Game of Life you get a job, marry, have kids, all that stuff. And he married a guy. A guy. You can't tell me he isn't gay. But, still...I feel like, he's at the most bi. But, I mean...my gaydar is definitely going off like :tantrum: HE'S GAY, YOU MORON! He's really nice, maybe I'm poking into his personal life too much but I just want to know. He lives with his mom who was lesbian. So that means he's totally thinking about it (probably). Am I crazy? Is he gay? Is my gaydar broken or something? :eusa_doh: I'm way too nosy.

2. kingdom1830

It's hard to tell based on words.

Ultimately, you have to ask him to get that information. And to be fair, you should come out to him first.

But think about it, if you do not have a crush on him and his sexuality has nothing to do with you or your friends or, simply, anyone you close to. Does it matter if he is gay or not?

3. cakepiecookie

Yeah, it sounds like he could be. If he's hinting about it (like with the game) then it he's probably trying to work up the courage to come out.

If you don't mind me asking, why does he not know you're gay if he's your BFF and you're nearly completely out?

4. GayPugs

I've never had a gay friend. I guess something inside of me is saying, "YEEEEEEEEES!!! MY PEOPLE!" He's coming over to my house in two weeks. I guess I could ask him then.

5. NateC7

Maybe don't ask him if he's gay, but I think it's definitely safe to come out to him.

6. GayPugs

Definitely!

7. JebtheSheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gotta be smooth with your words, like "Do you know any gay people" or "Did you notice everyone has that one gay friend?" or something like that

8. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    haha wouldnt it be hilarious if he was on this forum, and he replied to this thread!, then you would have your answer! but my thoughts on this is that he is probably just trying to show you he accepts you by doing all these things to say "hey look im totally cool with gay people"

9. GayPugs

No offense but, he thinks I'm straight. Completely straight. Sooo...

10. mlansing

Even if you ask you may not get the truth. The only way to know if someone is gay is if they tell you.