1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda Confused About My Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by soph7272, Jan 10, 2016.

1. soph7272

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. I'm Sophia, I'm 17. Lately (like within the last 7 months) I've been thinking alot about my sexuality and I'm not really sure that I'm straight. I've always thought I was straight, and in middle school I was boy crazy. I wanted to date every boy i laid eyes on. Now, I think I'm starting to have feelings for girls and maybe boys too but I dont really know. My freshman year was the first time I realized I might've had a crush on a girl. I had just moved to a new school and I instantly became best friends with this girl. I would constantly want to be texting her and talking to her. Then I started to get kind of nervous around her and I felt like I always wanted to impress her and I became extremely jealous when she talked to other girls and boys. I was always upset if she didnt text me back too. Back then I didnt really think too much about it. I thought that was what friendships were supposed to be like. But after I thought about it more and more I realized that maybe I did have feelings for her. Sophomore year was when I got my first boyfriend. I liked the idea of having a boyfriend and I liked holding hands and cuddling but I had no desire to kiss him. After 4 months the relationship ended because I just wasnt feeling it anymore. I havent had a boyfriend since then. Now I'm not even sure if I like boys at all. I've never had sex or kissed anyone before, but the idea of having sex with guys doesnt gross me out and I wouldnt be bothered by having sex with a guy at all. But having a boyfriend doesnt appeal to me. On the other hand, I feel like i would be open to having sex with a girl. It seems fun and I think I would like it. I also feel a huge emotional connection to girls and the idea of having a girlfriend makes me excited and happy. I think I do like girls, but I'm really not sure if I'm strictly a lesbian or if i could be bisexual too. If you guys have any advice for me I'd really appreciate it!

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Sophia!

Welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy our community. :slight_smile:

You have taken a huge step by coming here and asking for advice. Congratulations on that. :slight_smile:

Only you can reach a conclusion about your sexuality and orientation. Also, do not worry about labels if you find them too confusing, you don't need a label unless you want it.

Some questions that might help (may be a bit redundant since you already said a bit about your thoughts, but still):

-Can you imagine yourself in a relationship with a man? What about a woman?
    -When thinking about sex and fantasizing, do you think about men or women?

But, my most important advice is: Don't rush it. Take your time, this is about you and yourself. Take a deep breath and relax, you have all the time you want to think about this! :slight_smile:

We are here to help you during this process if you need!

Hugs (*hug*)