1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is sexualfluid a thing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by IDont Say Aboot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. IDont Say Aboot

Hello! I was just wondering as it says on the left by my profile if sexualfluid is a thing? Like sometimes sexually attracted to different people. I have this sort of test that I do on myself whenever the idea of the test hits my mind. I imagine a really hot girl and a really hot guy standing there, and pick the one who I am most attracted to. The thing is, it's not always the same. Sometimes I like the guy, sometimes the girl, and sometimes both. Am I just bisexual with a preference for certain types and sometimes the type(s) happen(s) for one but not the other? Or is my sexuality just fluid? Also is it possible to just be imagining what I would feel like if I had sexual attraction to one and I really only like one or the other? How about I just sum up in point form.

- Is it possible to have a fluid sexuality?
    - Could this mean that I am bisexual?
    - Is it possible to be unable to tell the difference between attraction and imagining attraction?

Thanks to anyone who answers! :smilewave

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!

It is possible to have a fluid sexuality and I know a lot of people (including myself) who do, I just identify as pansexual though. I haven't heard the actual term 'sexualfluid' being used. I think it could mean that you're bisexual or maybe pansexual? I don't really know the answer to the third question, sorry. Anyway, I hoped that I've helped! Questioning can be tough and I hope you can figure it soon. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I'm bisexual, and I can confirm that sexuality is fluid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What you're feeling is totally normal, and actually extremely common for many bisexual and pansexual people. Sexual Fluidity is something that is talked about a lot, and one of the most common phrases you'll hear (at least from bisexual people) is the "Bi-Cycle." Basically, you can be really attracted to one gender for a while, and then it'll change to another.

No need to worry!

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think sexuality is generally just fluid for most people, although that fluidity varies. (Not that that fluidity has to mean fluid gender-wise, it can be preferences on one target gender as well). That said, some label their sexuality "fluid". Fluid is a label I've seen before.

5. IDont Say Aboot

Okay those helped a LOT. Thanks! :slight_smile:

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexuality definitely can be fluid, although "sexualfluid" is not a word (and it sounds a bit odd). You'd probably be best off calling yourself bisexual and specifying that your sexuality tends to be fluid. If you feel like your sexuality is really strongly fluid you could just label yourself as "fluid" in terms of sexuality.

7. demi T

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    humans are fluid. in every way.

some are more fluid than others.