1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some Clarity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by schatz311, Jan 12, 2016.

1. schatz311

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey Ya'll

I've been having a lot of trouble with my orientation. Let me give you a little bit of background and maybe some of you may share it, I haven't heard of anyone in this situation, so I'd need all the clarity I can get

This questioning started 5 years ago with a combination of 3 things:
    1) My constant pursuit for a male best friend (dependent on look, swag, and obviously personality)
    2) My fantasies which didn't even involve me, just a variety of good looking dudes I know and girls
    3) My lack of experience sexually with both genders.

I've had sex with 2 girls, one of which was a 1 night stand and I couldn't get it up, and the other was a few times with this girl I was seeing for a short time, and I never "achieved". I have more interest in pursing a male "best friend", which is just an emotional bond where we don't get sick of each other, but the physical stuff I'm still unsure about, I don't want to just hop into bed with a guy because again, I've never fantasized about that.

This is something that I've been stressing about on and off for the past 5 years, but it's really hitting me now since I'm 24 and my most recent best friend just got a new girlfriend. It's tough since they spend all their time together now, so now I'm just sorta here...alone. I need to figure all this out so I can pursue a lifetime companion.

aaaaaaaaand....GO

2. Taylor16

Taylor16 Guest

Do you feel like you'd benefit maybe from - I don't know how to word this, but - just being open to anyone that comes your way that makes you feel happy? You don't have to fantasise about being with a certain sex romantically, to actually be romantic with them when it comes to physically being with them. You also may find you just haven't met the right girl yet. I'm not doctor, but just going off personal experiences - I feel that the best thing for you is to just look at everything the way it is, and go from there. You may meet a guy who blows your mind away, and then you may have to work on that bedroom stuff as the relationship grows. OR - again as I said you may meet a girl who really makes you feel comfortable sexually and mentally....

So, my TL,DR to you is - just be open and slowly figure it out - don't rush it - and either male/female could be the one. Stay positive, and just experience all the people that will positively make an impact on your life and go from there. :slight_smile: