1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Timelord3791, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Timelord3791

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lately I have been questioning my sexual orientation a lot. I am still a teenager and haven't even dated or had my first kiss yet. I have had some small crushes on boys and maybe a girl. I don't really know. I feel like most of my "crushes" were more me fantasizing about having a crush and kind of emulating what I had heard about having a crush rather than really having a crush. I never really felt that emotional about it. Anyway, when I was younger I always just assumed I was straight. I do feel attracted to boys and I always just assumed that I liked girls and how they looked not in a romantic way but more of an in awe way. Like, oh she is hot I wish I looked like her. But now I'm not so sure. I have been feeling more and more attracted to girls lately and have started to have dreams about kissing/making out with girls. The strange thing is I have only dreamed about kissing a boy once or twice and one of those times in my dream I was forced to, in the other I didn't really feel anything. In the dreams where I have kissed a girl I have really enjoyed it and I can't help but feel like I would enjoy it in real life to. I like the idea of having a relationship with another girl. So I've been wondering if I am bi. Is that enough to go on? I just don't know. When I was younger I didn't really feel like this at all and yet now I do. Is it normal to grow more attracted to the same sex or am I just fooling myself into believing this?

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is a possibility that you are bi, but I would wait a little while longer before jumping to conclusions. Adolescence is when sexual attraction starts to develop so it makes sense that your feelings are becoming much stronger now. At this stage I wouldn't worry too much about labelling yourself. Just try and do what you want and remember that having a few fantasies about women doesn't make you bi - if it is a consistent attraction that happens a lot then there may be reason to suspect that you aren't straight, but I think the best thing to do is wait and see what happens. Joining this website is also a good start.

Sorry I can't give a more concrete answer, but you're still relatively young so there's time to work all this out. In the meantime, you do you! :slight_smile:

3. Timelord3791

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the advise!