1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just can't tell if I'm lesbian or bisexual!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by akarn7, Jan 14, 2016.

1. akarn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    For so long, I've questioned whether I'm lesbian or bisexual. I'm tired of questioning, and I just want to figure it out! I don't want people to tell me still that I don't need a label, because I'm tired of not having one. I literally am just so frustrated that I can't figure it out.
    So here's the deal.

- I know I like girls. That's a fact. So I know I'm not straight, I'm either lesbian or bisexual.
    - I can't see having sex with a guy. It turns me off.
    - I really look at guys a lot and think they're hot and wonder what it'd be like to be in a relationship with them. This is the biggest problem, and is the one that's constantly made me question whether I'm lesbian or bisexual. But, like I said before, I would never, EVER want to have sex with one, so I just don't know!!
    - I get butterflies when a guy flirts with me. However, I don't get a whole lot of positive attention at home, and I really like positive attention, so I just don't know if this is me liking the attention I get from the guys that flirt with me, or if I really do actually like those guys.

I AM SO CONFUSED. Grrrr!!

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just ask yourself if there was no labels on sexuality and you could fall in love with guys or girls, who would you fall for?
    I gay but my wife is bi (supper long story), so my attitude is that you fall for a person, if that person is the same or different sex as you is not that relevant. The important thing is that you are in love.
    Weather you are bi or gay is not hugely important "gay" and "bi" are just labels, the important thing is who you love.
    Sexuality is a big messy spectrum from Gay to straight. A lot of people are on either end of that spectrum. Most, like my brothers and sister are on the straight end I'm on the gay end, my wife is somewhere in the middle.
    Trying to figure out if you like some one as a best friend or as something more is very difficult? All I can tell you is for me is that holding a guy feels just so right and holding a girl is just ....ok but..meaaa... (if that makes any sense) no matter how much I like her.
    I have kissed guys and girls but for me only some guys made the world a magic place girls never did.
    So the question for you is it only girls that will make the world wonderful or can guys do it for you too?

By the way at 16 there would be some thing wrong if you were not totally confused; it's just part of being a teenager, all the straight 16 year old guys and girls are just as confused by life. But they don't admit it!
    (*hug*)

#2 YermanTom, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. CapColors

Nobody REALLY wants to have sex with 16 year old boys. Just keep that in mind. :grin:

I'm NOT saying go for an older guy (guys who go for underage girls are gross), just understand that what you feel about not wanting to have sex with random teenage boys is pretty common.

If you REALLY want to know, you'll have to try dating one. You may see sex differently once you have romantic feelings involved.

#3 CapColors, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  4. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's really good advice. The way you described your feelings for guys is pretty much how my feelings for girls are. Girls make the world a magical place, for me. :kiss: Being in love with a girl is just the best thing in the world....(!)

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2016 at 06:11 PM ----------

Interesting. The funny thing is, I spent most of my life trying to convince myself I was straight (for religious reasons) but I never actually wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with a guy. I was too busy being obsessed with girls to give it much thought. :kiss: I think what you have to ask yourself, is why do you think you are lesbian? Is it because you have huge all-consuming crushes on girls? Why do you think you're bi? Would you be happy in a relationship with a guy?

5. Timelord3791

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm actually in the same boat right now. I feel attracted to girls. I can sometimes feel attracted to boys. I don't ever want to have sex with a boy and I see myself more with women but I still don't know! It's the worst. I totally agree with you on the labels. I hate when I can't clearly fit into one, even though I guess being human is not fitting into little boxes. :bang: