1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking a guy when I'm 'almost' a lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Alinaers, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Alinaers

Hi there,

I have a question and I really hope someone can give me some advice.

It has taken quite a while for me to get comfortable with me liking girls, but I am out now and even though I don't throw it around, I don't hide it either. And it feels good, I'm more at ease.
    I do however still have periods of time where I question myself about where I stand exactly on the kinsey scale. I know I like girls and it has felt better for me to just keep all my options open and to don't rule out the chance that I might end up with a guy. But I have never really felt anything for a guy before and, to be honest, I haven't really given them a fair shot.

But here's the thing. I met a guy last week. It was really weird. I was staring at him from a distance, thinking about how if I knew a guy like that, I might actually be able to be in a relationship with him. But I was only daydreaming ofcourse and in dreams anything can happen. But then (in real life:icon_wink)he walked up to me, asked my number and now we've been texting for a bit and it's nice, he's a really nice and funny guy.

But I'm not sure what to do now. I don't know if I'm capable of loving a man as much as I know I could love a woman. I don't know if he could give me enough of the butterflies, if I'd like kissing him even, let alone have sex someday or have a relationship. And I'm probably way overthinking all of this, but that's how my brain works and sadly I can't turn it off. I'm just scared that I end up being with him when I am actually meant to be with a woman. Or that I end up dating him, realise I can't be with him and then hurt him.

I would like to try it. To see if it'll work. To see how I'll react.
    Do I have to tell him I usually like girls? And at what point? And in how much detail?

Xxx

2. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what you feel comfortable doing. If you start to regret it.... We all do things we regret. It's normal. Stay strong.

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it's something that you have to divulge initially. But if things seem to be getting serious the ethical thing is to tell him so he can make the decision whether to continue or not.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with getting to know him better. When you start dating anyone, boy or girl you never know how it is going to work out further down the line. If you go out for a while and you find you don't like kissing him then at that point you can go your separate ways.