1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexually attracted/emotionally attracted/not attracted???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Caecilian65, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

Recently, I have been trying to get myself out there and meet people. Maybe a bad idea. I am noticing now I am really confused about sexual and emotional attraction.

It all sounds pretty simple but in practice I am finding this hard. Like some people I really like the look of and chat to them online but don't know if that is just because I'm feeling sexual at the time. Does that make sense?

Other times/days I feel like I have no sexual attraction to anything at all. Whether that's due to stress. I do get anxious about this or something else I don't know?

Is there an easy self-quiz I can ask myself to sort all this out? I want to meet people but feel this is holding me back.

Hope it's not in the wrong spot.

Caecilian65

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. Likely as not what you are experiencing is the normal ups and downs of daily life with added complications from the anxiety, which has, as one of its side effects, a decrease in sexual attraction.

My best suggestion is to toss the idea of a separation between sexual and Romantic attraction, as there's no credible evidence to support that idea and it usually just ends up confusing people.

As you settle into a more comfortable situation with less anxiety, I think you will find that your arousal/attraction will normalize.

3. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like great advice from Chip, I agree wholeheartedly. Just give it time you'll figure it out.