1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely gay vs. mostly gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Vav, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I find it hard to know if I'm completely gay or mostly gay. To be safe I just identify as mostly gay. I sometimes feel like I'm attracted to guys, but I don't know if I'm feeling attracted to them. My mind could be making up false feelings. It's definitely done that to me before. I could also be wanting to be gay, so I pretend my feelings towards guys aren't attraction.

I get drawn towards this guy and nervous at the same time. That could be attraction, but I could just be scared of being attracted to him. I do know I can't think of him sexually. I don't even picture myself kissing him. I also remember this other guy. I felt extremely nervous and I felt my face going hot. I kind of remember imagining his body. It just didn't feel the same as when I get sexually attracted to girls. Maybe asexuality is a useful concept after all. I can just say I'm grey-asexual for guys.

2. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Attraction is attraction. You don't need to force yourself into fitting all these labels, you just be who you are and maybe eventually figure out a fitting label. Of course labels bring comfort but they are a little overrated. :slight_smile:

3. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There's no rule saying you need to label yourself. At least not yet anyway. Thus is very confusing and I understand that. To relieve the confusion you should just embrace yourself and enjoy whoever you are for the time being. Be happy and that is all you need to be. I'd you can't picture yourself kissing or having g sex with him most likely it is just an attraction and no need to stress about it. It is just who you are, and it seems to be your own unique way to get to know who you are, and allow yourself to get to k ow who you are without getting too stressed. If you need helo to embrace who you are feel free to drop me a wall message.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexuality isn't a binary or trinary. It's a spectrum. According to Kinsey, 0 to 6, with 0 being completely heterosexual and 6 being completley homosexual. Again, according to Kinsey, only about 10% of the population is at either far end of the spectrum.

This, in turn, means that most people are somewhere on the continuum, not at the ends. Yet most people, for simplicity's sake (excluding the 10000000 unrecognized labels du jour that are currently in vogue), choose whichever label (gay, straight, bi) most closely matches. And nobody cares! So... I wouldn't stress about it :slight_smile: