1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age gap/sexual attraction/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ECMember, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been wondering for a while and would like some opinions but why I do I feel inclined to pursue guys that are younger than me. Let me define "young" before someone assumes something different. My definition of "young"=18-21 years old.

I'm Hispanic, 24 years old, I see myself bi with masculine leaning. I'm a virgin.

I've harped a lot here about my past and how I had experiences in my developed constructed a mental image of a preferred guy that was crafted out of hanging out with close guy friends. Maybe I had some brief sexual feelings towards them, but that's another story.

The feelings seem to grew recently when I seem to acknowledge them openly.

I've mentioned previously about my close friend Travis. He's younger than me(he was 18 when we met, I was 22 when I met him then 23 later). We were close and lived in the same hall together.

During this period, I noticed I had some sexual feelings towards him. It's hard to describe it, it felt like pin prick feelings and brief homoerotic fantasies. We didn't have sex or anything but just affectionate.

We did say "I love you" and hugged alot. I hugged him more than any other guy friend. The hugs were a little little more physical. I brushed/pet his hair with my hand as I held him and he didn't complain. I did feel a bit turned on. Basically you say, I was the most physical with him than any other person. :icon_wink

People would ask me here, "Why don't you get with Travis, bro?" First off, Travis is with a girl. Second, We haven't been close in a while and it's a complicated story. I'll explain in a private message in the future. It's nothing I did to him personally, but it's a long story.

Because of that issue, I've felt a bit distant from him and I seem to miss him somewhat. But I just bounced my feelings away from him for the most part, but want to purse another guy that fits my preference of course.

But I've just been wondering, why do I purse a younger guy. Maybe it's because I'm a virgin. Is it because they felt my preference:White or preppy or youngish and White looking? Or maybe it's because they remind me of a past friend or some commonality?

I have felt like I desire a younger guy in some bromance/experimenting/FWB. It's not really sexual. I consider it 70%-75% platonic 30-25% sexual. That's usually how I consider my fantasies.

I've rabbled on at times of getting with a preppy upper class younger white guy, yeah that's a fantasy :dry:

But I rather would maybe just be a main breadwinner in a stable relationship in this bromance/experimenting/FWB thing I mention. I mean I can support and look after my "bro-partner"(I mean it's a cheesy label I'm sure, I just don't want to call him my "husband").

I seemed to be an influence by my parents. My dad had been the main breadwinner in the family at whatever work he had. And traditionally in Mexican American households, the man is the breadwinner. So maybe I have this masculinity element of being a breadwinner woven within my bi side.

#1 ECMember, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been mostly attracted to women who were a lot older than me (3 years older to 2 decades older) but I have also been attracted to a couple girls who were younger than me (a year or two younger). I noticed that when I was attracted to younger girls, I found myself attracted to their energy, and in a way, their slight innocence. They reminded me of a happier time, when I was more energetic and innocent. When I was attracted to people older than me, I was attracted to their mysterious maturity, their protective nature, or even sometimes, I would feel happy when I would feel that in some ways I could be protective of them even though they were older.
    I think it could also be a coincidence that all of the guys you like are younger than you. Or it could be because you miss that time in your life.

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it normal that I use the term "bro-partner" if I ever a romantic relationship with a guy and marry.

I won't use the term "husband" because I won't like it, I rather use the term "bro-partner".

Anyone see my point on why I choose that, if not please read my original post.