1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it necessary to come out if you're more likely hetero-romantic and bi-sexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by iDunnodude, Jan 18, 2016.

1. iDunnodude

Out Status:
    Some people
    I picture my orientation as something like this:

Emotional attraction (As in crushes, etc.)
    |---X---------------I--------------------|
    Straight_______Bi_____________Gay

Physical/sexual attraction
    |----------X*------I----------------X*----|
    Straight_______Bi______________Gay

One can draw the conclusion that I'm bisexual and heteroromantic, right? (Feel free to suggest otherwise!)
    So since I apparently seem to be more likely to have a boyfriend rather than a girlfriend, do you think it's necessary to come out to people, especially since they normally don't even have anything to do with who I have sex with?

(*It pends more or less between those two spots, usually more on the right side of the scale.)

2. iDunnodude

Out Status:
    Some people
  3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In any situation, you only have to come out when you want to. So do you want to come out?

4. penelope

I think that you should only "have to" come out if it makes you feel more comfortable and at ease. You don't need to if you're fine the way things are now. People should come out for themselves, not for other people. If you think that it's not necessary for everyone to know then that's totally up to you. :slight_smile: If you want some people to know, tell them and leave it at that. If you want all of the people to know, go shout it from the rooftops. :grin: However you want to live your life.