1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by HeavensRejekt, Feb 3, 2009.

1. HeavensRejekt

I'm only 16 and am confused about my sexuality, I have crush on a girl, but i was always attracted to guys. I've had a few crushes on girls before but i really like her. She's really cool and we have a few things in common. I think she likes me back but I'm so confused i can't stand it! What do i do?:help:

2. NucciJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ugh I have the same dilemma. I am sexually attracted to guys most definately. I can't picture myself getting it on with a girl, but yet I always think girls are pretty, and I crush on girls, but not guys. I'm only sexually attracted to guys

3. kayar

Yeah, it can be really painful feeling confused. But hey, life's a learning curve; right? From the day you're born, every day until the day you die - you'll be learning something. I, personally, think you should explore your crush on this girl. Don't lead her on or give her any wrong impressions, but spend some time finding out how deep your crush goes. It may be nothing - just a crush - or you could find more. But you'll only find out by being a bit brave and exploring it a bit further. You said that you were always attracted to guys, but I can't know how far you've explored that in the past. You'll have read so many times on this and other websites that it doesn't ever work to try to 'label' everyone. It's perfectly possible (and very common) for a guy who thinks he's gay to find himself surprisingly attracted to a girl. It doesn't have to mean he's not gay, neither does it mean he has to be freaked out by it. But if you want to feel like you're doing something to ease your current state of confusion, then exploring this crush is probably the answer.

Give it some thought, yeah? Take care and good luck whatever you decide. X

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're interested in her, and she's interested in you, I'd say to go for it. If you think she can make you happy, that's more important than sticking to a strict label that might not fit you perfectly.

5. myra

Don't take this time to label yourself. Use this as a time to find out who you are on the inside, what you like...etc. But don't label yourself. That just makes your teenage years all the more difficult becuase you try to live up to the stereotype. If you are crushing on her and think you have a chance, ask her out. If your really like a person, don't let a label hold you back. In the infamous words i've told my friends over and over again..."DO IT!" Trying can't hurt anything.

6. listen up world

If you don't fall into a category, don't put yourself into one. You don't need to have a label. Rather than generalizing "I only like such and such" consider whether or not you like individual human beings and in what way. If you feel like you want to date a specific girl or a specific guy, go for it.

7. littledinosaurs

Stop thinking about Who you should be liking and just like the people you like and go with the flow :slight_smile:

8. starfish

Go for it. Just be open and honest and see what comes of it. Ultimately it is not the sex of person that matters, all that matters is that person makes you happy.

9. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think being young is all about experimenting so i say just go for whatever feels most right.