1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone else thought...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by penelope, Jan 20, 2016.

1. penelope

...about what your sexual orientation would be if you identified as another gender or were a different sex biologically? Because as a (somewhat) girl I'm totally sexually attracted to girls but I think that if I was male I could be bi or pan. I feel like my man body could appreciate another man in a way my woman body can't. :grin: Is it weird? Is it even possible to know something like that? Idk, I've just been wondering. Anybody else?

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2016 at 10:37 PM ----------

I know that gender and sexual orientation are completely different things but could there be a connection between them, at least in some cases? What do you think?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Never really thought about that much. I don't know. I will say I have heard of many people after transitioning becoming pansexual or bi (not that that's always the case of course.) Whether that was already their orientation and they didn't realize, or their transition allowed them to be interested in more genders sexually, who knows? Some people say sexuality can be fluid sometimes and you never really know. Maybe!
    Personally for me I would say no but who knows.

3. cromulent

It's weird that I came across this thread--I have totally thought about this before, at least a little.

I think it really varies person to person. One of the reasons I'm gay (well, are they even reasons?)--rather, one of the factors that influences my sexuality, personally, is my ability to relate to who I'm attracted to. As a girl, I'd feel safer and more comfortable with another girl because we would already and always have that common ground, and we'd both know exactly what it is like to be a woman in this hectic society of ours*.

That being said, I recall having thought before, "man, if I was born a guy, I'd totally be gay," which sounds a little strange coming out of a lesbian, but...

I hadn't and haven't really considered what I'd be if I identified as non-cis, though, as either AFAB or AMAB. I feel like it gets more complicated, the more variables you consider.

But then again, everything is complicated. Everything.
    Happy pondering. :slight_smile:

*It depends on how you define your sexuality, too. I would say that mine is 70% -ish based on personality and emotional/romantic connection, and 30% on physical attraction. But no two people are alike.

4. Vav

Vav Guest

I've thought about it a lot. I have fantasies about being a gay male, but I can never really imagine myself as a straight guy.

5. Alwyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think if I were born as a guy, I'd be bisexual with a heavy preference for other guys (perhaps even gay?).
    When I was younger, especially in my teens (say like 14-17 years old me), I read a lot of fanfiction/erotica about gay male relationships, so perhaps that's influencing my perceptions? I just cannot imagine me feeling comfortable in straight relationships and I don't like the feeling of a guy being attracted to me as a woman... so imagining myself as a man attracted to women just feels wrong. And I've always liked gay relationships in fiction (even erotica) so yeah.. (Of course I understand that what I read in fiction is different than the real deal.)

I don't know if it makes any sense, but this is just my honest response / feeling. :grin: