1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you see someone attractive on the street...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gomez, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    What goes through your head?

I'm trying to figure out what it means to be attracted to a cute stranger. Do you just notice them? Find yourself staring at their butt, lol? Like are you just more aware of them than someone you're not attracted to? Do you actually feel physically aroused when you see them, or is it just more like "oh wow that's a good-looking person"?

2. misplacedaegyo

When I see someone, I look at the way they dress, hold themselves, their facial expressions and so, and if I find that attractive I think "oh, well, on with life" - unless they're extremely aesthetically pleasing to look at. Then I'll think about them some more(it's never sexual whatsoever).

I also find myself looking at other peoples' chests, butts and groins but that's because I care about them, it's just.. a bad habit, I guess? And to check that the guys around my aren't hard because I'm so afraid of that.. I think it's gross. I don't want to be around someone with an erection even if it's completely natural and doesnt have to be sexual..

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I see someone on the street, I immediately think about what it would be like to get naked with them (lol). My mind goes in the gutter real fast. I get physically aroused if I stare at them too long, so I only look for so long.

I look at their whole body in general: if they're hot, I'll look at every part of their body.

4. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ha oh man thanks for your responses, that's helpful. :slight_smile: I guess I'm stuck because even though I consider myself a sexual person, I NEVER actually get aroused looking at people on the street..? Like, I notice cleavage and stuff but I have never gotten all tingly just looking at random people.

I don't know if that's normal or not.

5. Bibliovian

I'm more like you, Gomez. I might notice a girl, certain aspects of her body, probably get distracted by those aspects. But I don't get physically aroused. It would require more of an interaction for me to get to that point.

6. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    Good to know I'm not alone, Bibliovian!

I guess I'm torn because I hear that even straight women notice other women, and with women's clothing being as sexualized as it often is (low cut shirts, booty shorts) I can never tell if I'm simply noticing or if I'm noticing, you know?

7. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically I can't tell if I'm noticing other women because I'm attracted to them... or if it's a product of socialization, a Male Gaze type of thing.

8. warthog

I just say to myself " hmm... cute " then promptly look away. sometimes I make it a point not to look again, despite the temptation to. it's just that i think to myself no good will come of it, and i'll just get depressed.

9. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Girls: I notice them everywhere, I'm mainly drawn to the face and bum and that's where my eyes will linger. I'd never say I'd feel actual arousal as such, I would definitely need some kind of interaction for that. Generally, I will have a look and admire them and then move on with life pronto. As someone else mentioned, if they looked truly amazing then they may stay on my mind a few mins longer. Generally, I don't really think of them sexually - I more just admire.

Guys: I'm at least bisexual that's for sure but I have essentially never noticed guys on the street or on the TV etc. Since questioning for the last year or so I will very occasionally notice them but that often seems to be more to do with me wondering whether I'm attracted to them.

10. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    Very interesting responses!

I know I can appreciate a good looking person of any sex or age, but the only ones that make me do that heart-stopping double take (y'all know what I'm talking about, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) are girls who're a little more masculine than me. Stem girls I guess, especially if they're waltzing around in trousers and a button-up looking all confident, haha.

I guess that's the difference.

11. tulipinacup

I would most likely do a double look but I've practiced myself not to do this and just give a straight face as I pass them by, lol.