1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to act out my desires...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cthulhu Calls, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Cthulhu Calls

I'm not really sure about posting it here, maybe it's the wrong place? I don't know, if it is then inform me so I can delete this one here.

I've known I was gay for a while, but right now what I want is to no longer fantasize, or at least try "it" out once. Problem is, my environment is not really "LGBT friendly", and I don't think I can make a move on many of my guys friends, regardless of their sexual orientation. Homosexuality is not really addressed here (as in, people still make fun of other people calling them "gay" or "fag", even if they are not, but there aren't people who have actually came out). It's kind of hard to explain, but basically I wanted to have my first sexual experience with another guy. And I'm pretty clueless about how to start.

Any tips? Knowledge? Doubts?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Using gay or fag is still used where I live as well, but I honestly don't think too much about it, because I know a lot of people use that word in a joking sense, and if I told them that I was gay, I'm pretty sure they would stop saying it around me.

Another common insult is the word "retard". Not gonna lie, I've used it myself, but obviously towards friends who I just wanted to make fun of (friend things). I'm certain a mentally challenged person would also find it offensive it I said it around them, so ever since I adopted this idea, I've stopped using insulting words.

And how old are you, if I may ask? "Trying it" changed things depending on the legal age in your area.

I didn't know homosexuality in Toronto isn't discussed a lot, or is it maybe the circle of friends that you have? To be honest, i didn't talk much about LGBT matters until I started questioning my orientation (2 years ago). It depends on how out you are too, you'll realize who you can trust and who to step back from.

#2 Jax12, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. Cthulhu Calls

Hey Jax! Hate that champion by the way LOL. As a Riven main, Jax fucks me over hehe. i'm 16 years old, by the way. The name calling is fine, I just used it to illustrate my point. I'm not really from Toronto, I'm just spending a couple of months here and misunderstood the question, and dont know how to change it haha. I'm actually from Brazil, so yeah. Over there homosexuality is not something that is discussed here, and because of this I find that my chances diminish by a big deal.

I really appreciate your attention, thank you!!

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Funny. In Europe Brazil, especially Rio, is seen as one of those Great Sex Destinations by straights and gays alike. People tend to think that Brazilians are open minded to sex and gays but that's just the image.

You are still young. Is there really a rush to have sex? I mean unless you find a partner who is your age you run a risk of being taken advantage yourself. Sex is a funny act in a sense that you tend to develop strong emotions for the first person you have sex with (assuming it's not just a random hook up with a random person) and it would be really sad if your partner was just interested in having sex with you while you develop feelings for them.

My first time with a guy was in one of your neighboring country. It was nice because we both were about the same age (I was 25) and we had similar interests. I ended up losing and breaking my heart for him but I wouldn't change the experience for any price.

5. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hit the pause button!

You’re 16 years old. Why do you feel the need to rush into sex with someone? Especially when you haven’t built up an emotional relationship with that someone?

Casual sex with some stranger might sound appealing in the moment – especially when the fantasies are raging – but take a deep breath and just relax. You have tons of time to explore your sexuality and tons of time to find and meet people that you can form a meaningful relationship with.

I went through a phase where I wanted to act on my fantasies too. I found, however, that the reason I wanted to act them out wasn’t so much because I wanted to have sex with some stranger – rather, it was because I wanted more certainty and less confusion in my life.

The rational was this: “If I act out this fantasy, it will prove once and for all that I am indeed gay. It will be hard, irrefutable proof. With this proof in hand, I can solidify my identity and put a stop the endless questioning, confusion, and doubt!”

You don’t have to act out a fantasy to prove something. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone – including yourself.

Just relax, explore your thoughts, reach out and meet new people, and enjoy being you!

6. Cthulhu Calls

Hey guys!! thanks for the attention. I suppose you are right, but I just wanted to make something clear: I don't want to have sex with a stranger per se, I just really wanted to experiment it. But you are right saying that I shouldn't rush into things and that I'm only 16. I'll take things slowly.
    Not at all. If you see my out status, you'll see that I'm happy the way I am. I know I'm gay, or atleast bisexual. I don't need to prove it to myself. I really just wanted the experience, since I've seen many people started experimenting with such things around my age. But I realize now that this is not something under my control.

@Euler

The big cities have indeed big gay centers, but outside of them homosexuality is still very much judged and frowned upon. Of course, not by everyone, but the general consensus is that being gay is bad, mm'kay? (Mr Mackey). As for the sex, yeah, I guess you are right. I'm not one to form emotional bonding off the bat, but you're right when you say I shouldn't rush into things. Thanks, however, for taking your time to answer me. Greatly appreciate it!

#6 Cthulhu Calls, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016