1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ecallan, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ecallan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello guys, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I'm feeling a little stuck. I've always been attracted to women but I've never explored that side of my sexuality because I was too afraid to, so I've always just been with men. I also had family pressures too due to religious believes, so I never went down the avenue. Now that I've come out to my husband he's really exited about it, which is find and dandy and I'm happy he accepts it. However, I've never explored that side of myself. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about because I'm married so it's not like I can just go off and sleep with someone or have a girlfriend. I also feel pressured by him to find someone to explore with so he can have a "threesome." It just makes me feel so uncomfortable because I haven't had the opportunity to even explore on my own. I'm not saying he's being manipulate, but on some level I do feel he is. I hate to be someone graphic but the idea of me being bisexual is a turn on to him, which is sort of a turn off to me. I love having sexual encounters with women that he's okay with me having, but I feel it's all about him and not about me exploring how I feel. What do I do about this. He just doesn't understand how uncomfortable it makes me. He's so excited about me "hooking up" with some one to bring home with me so we can all sleep together. It just really makes me upset. I would love to meet someone and have a relationship with them. (Maybe not a sexual one, but someone I can relate to and be close to). There's a huge difference and he doesn't seem to get that. What do I do?

2. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so you should just tell him. I totally understand, you're feeling sort of like your husband thinks your bisexuality is "for" him. You should tell him that, that you're okay with it being a turn on but it's not a fetish and he shouldn't sexualize it so much.

Honestly though, you're married. You can't really explore your sexuality on your own unless you either break up with him, or unless you come to an agreement where you both can open your relationship up to other people, you can explore, but so can he.
    If you're in a monogamous marriage with him, either you won't experiment, or else it's going to be in the context of a threesome, and your husband will be a big part of that.
    I really feel for you, but at the same time you're not just realizing now, and marriage takes sacrifice, but there's no fail-safe way of fully exploring that side of your sexuality without involving your husband... I don't think.

#2 MossyCave, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016