1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to attract the guys you want?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ryuji35, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel pathetic posting this but I really want to know if there is something wrong.

I now get that I am at least decent-looking and I am not unattractive (but not that attractive too) but my dilemma is that I have trouble attracting the guys I want :'( The guys (a lot of them) are attracted to me but not one that I am attracted to. It's just weird that I have this certain "type" of guys who are attracted to me, and I also have this "type that I want that weren't attracted to me.

I mean, is there a way to make me attractive, let's say, for Caucasian Guys?

2. Cthulhu Calls

Hm, that is quite the interesting question. First of all, dont feel ashamed. Its silly! EC is somewhere judgment-free so there is nothing to be ashamed of.
    For the question, I feel like there isn't some magic thing that will make Caucasian guys, as you said, to be attracted to you. The same way there isn't a magic way to make you attracted to women (I said you more as an example). Maybe give a chance to some of the guys attracted to you? I don't think skin-color should be your main characteristic in someone. Maybe looks, yeah, but looking at only skin color isn't going to be good for you.
    If you still really want to encounter white fellow, then just give it some time. I'm sure eventually one will fancy you, but there is nothing you can do until then, I'm afraid.

3. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, actually it's not about the skin color. I never thought of it that way..... I am asian but I am really not that attracted to Asian men. But whenever I do see some caucasian men, brazilian, mexican etc. I really quite fancy them.

And believe me, I tried to check out my fellow asian guys, but I just can't. Well I guess that's what they feel about me too huh.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it's impossible to give you any all around advice to attract whites as we are, you know, kind of heterogeneous group. I'm sure there are plenty of Caucasian men who find you attractive as you are.

As a general strategy that appeals pretty much all people is to be confident, relaxed and friendly. Also finding things in common is a great way to build connections. Like a common hobbies or interests etc.

5. Gay1234

I love Asian guys and I am Caucasian. You just need to be patient don't worry you will link the right guy. Trust me :slight_smile:

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

6. Ravi-VIXX777

I'll be blunt and say you can't make yourself more attractive to a particular race. There's no need to. A 10 to you may be a 4 to someone else, and vice versa. I don't want to sound mean, but you would do much better finding someone who likes you for you and not just your race/attractiveness, and vice versa.

It's too early to assume this, but maybe you have some internalized racism. I only say this because you don't seem to find other Asians attractive (and maybe yourself as well?) while putting Caucasians on a pedestal.

7. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As others have said, there isn’t some secret formula you can use to attract a certain “type” to you. That said, you can take steps to put the odds in your favor.

Sit down and write down the type of person that you’re most attracted to. What do they look like? What are they interested in? How old are they? What social circles do they frequent?

Once you have this profile built out, ask yourself: “Ok, where would someone like this hang out? What groups might he be involved in?”

When you have an idea of where this “type” of person tends to be found, put yourself in those same places. Take up those same hobbies. Join those same social groups.

Are you guaranteed to find Mr. Right? Of course not.

But the odds will certainly go up!

8. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys!

I will heed your advices and will try to be more confident in the future. I've been out of da dating scene since like forever and I really don't know the current gay dating culture nowadays. Everything is based on "apps" already.

You scared me. Not because of the comment, but more on the possibility of what you said. But thinking about it, I don't think having a certain preference in terms of race is considered racism as I am not the type of person who will advertise "WHITES ONLY" when I am dating. I still entertain non-white people, but again, my problem is there is no "spark" or the the attraction that I am looking for.

I dunno.

9. Ravi-VIXX777

I personally don't believe thinking a specific race is more attractive than others (based on appearance alone), but a preference becomes racist if you are excluding races you believe are not attractive. Mostly because you can't judge the attractiveness of a race based on numbers and that not everyone of a certain race looks the same.

If you don't mind answering, what exactly are you looking for/is your type? I said what I said because racial preferences have a lot to do with societal influence-that being white is the standard of beauty. It just makes me curious if you like (or don't like) someone based on the stereotypes or generalizations put on groups of people. I think what might help is questioning why you are attracted to Caucasians specifically.

10. joshvolby

if you have any race/ethnicity preference you might consider keeping it to yourself. because it doesn't how you say it, itll always sounds like racist. you might get in trouble saying it in public or talk about it to your friends. i suggest follow what Cort said.

come on man just hang out with other, meet new people have fun. it wont hurt.