1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a hookup

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by absolutelyavery, Jan 25, 2016.

1. absolutelyavery

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a bit conflicted right now. In November last year someone who I was acquaintances with asked if I wanted to hook up with him and I said no because I was nervous and not really ready to try anything. But now, I feel better about my sexuality and would like to try hooking up with him. And I know for a fact if I asked he would. My problem is should I? The pros are I get to experiment and learn what I want. The cons are that I am inexperienced and I might embarrss myself and I'm not sure if it's really what I want or if I just am super lustful? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Rainbows~Exist

From personal experience I'd just say go for it. I admit I was extremely nervous the first time I was intimate with a guy but the worry quickly subsides; if you spend the whole time thinking about how inexperienced you are then it's going to be awkward and uncomfortable for the both of you. If you just let loose and cast aside that anxiety then I guarantee you'll have a great time :wink:

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too, was nervous the first time I met up with someone. My heart was racing and I wanted to back out of it. But afterwards, I was relieved because I finally I tried and I enjoyed it. Luckily, the guy I was with took his time with me, used protection, lube, etc.

So just make sure to take your time, and if at any point you feel uncomfortable about doing something, just let him know.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are very few things in life that we've never done before that we do perfectly the first time. And any reasonable person knows this. Yet, somehow... we're all expected to be Don Juan straight out of the box, with no practice or experience, and we feel all of this shame if we aren't experienced... which most of us don't feel when we try something else new.

I'd suggest being honest with your potential hookup partner. There's nothing shameful at all about being inexperienced... and if he's a reasonable guy, he'll totally remember how he felt when he was in that position.

As to whether or not to do it... that's a personal decision for each individual to make. Some people place a value on having the first time with someone they love and care deeply about. Others simply want to have the experience. Both are perfectly valid.

The one thing I do suggest is that you have this experience with someone close to your age. What I've seen a lot on EC (and in many other people I've talked to about it) is when younger people hook up for a first time with someone older (and I mean 5, 10, 20 years older, not 2 years older)... they often end up feeling sort of dirty or disgusted by it.

Only other thing is... play safe! No exceptions, no matter what excuse the other person gives you. No condom = no sex = no exceptions. :slight_smile:

5. guitar

I was going to say everything Chip just said, so listen to what he says.

I will say this, the first guy I was with was an FWB type situation and I have zero regrets about it. Neither of us were particularly that experienced. It was a way for us to "work out the kinks in our game" and try new things. I was lucky because he was the perfect person for it. Like Chip says, similar age, similar personalities, he wasn't a slime-ball out for a quick shag. As long as you feel comfortable around the person you're with, be up front about a lack of experience. You don't have to say you're a virgin (if you are), just say you don't have a ton of experience in the bedroom. Like Chip said, most people are pretty reasonable and are willing to work with you and teach you.