1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused by intensity of my feelings..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Soulstone, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Soulstone

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone,

I really need some advice or at least a fresh look on this situation..At the moment I am going through the acceptance phase and learn to live as a bisexual person who prefers women to men..I never felt strong sexual desire towards men, but I do enjoy sex with a man if it's good. However there is this one guy..I don't know what to think..I like him so much, it's already an obsession..Our relationship has been on and off for more than 5 years, we have never really been together, we life our seperate lives, but we meet quite often and then it's so intense I don't know what to think..It's absolutely out of this world, I feel complete around him. But that's just this one person. Apart from him in my real everyday life I prefer women..So what is it with him? Is he my soulmate or my bad karma??? :slight_smile:

#1 Soulstone, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. Really

I wonder if since acknowledging/accepting that you're bi, you've begun to feel more intensely. And any warm or friendly feeling you have for him are now intensified? I'm not saying they aren't real but maybe you're more open to having feelings for people and you already like him so those feelings are bigger now?

3. omgwhatishappen

You may want to investigate the 'direction' of this intensity. What do I mean by 'direction' exactly? Well, this sub-forum is labelled "sexual and romantic orientation" for a reason. Is the intensity of feeling sexual and/or romantic? What form of 'intensity' do these feelings take? Is it sexual, or is it more a romantic interest?

Although the intensity may cover both sexual and romantic interest, it may be worthwhile to try to identity the form this intensity is taking.

I personally have a long-time friend in my life that makes me feel intense. However, my love and affection for her is not sexual (although it was in the past). Now, we are strong friends that are growing consistently. When we get together, our hangout time is intense, but it is still platonic.

I hope that helps,
    Trevor

4. anon004200

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go towards the good feeling

5. Soulstone

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had feelings for him - both romantic and sexual for 6 years now, I just didn't pay much attention to it, because I was sure those feelings will eventually pass. I though it was just a crush - we all get those from time to time and they go away after a while. But six years is too long for a crush..Anyway, it all started long before I wven begun to realise my attraction towards women. So I don't know..But you are right about one thing - now it's easier for me to be open with him, I allow myself to feel what I feel.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2016 at 09:05 PM ----------

Thank you for your post. Actually the reason I posted this here is exactly what you mentioned - I am not sure what I feel towards him. It's definitely more that just sexual, I do enjoy just a simple conversation, actually I even prefer it to sex. With women it's usually other way around - I am not interested in all emotional stuff - holding hands, listening, being there for her etc., I just want to get her to bed.. So I guess my feeling towards men in general are more on the emotional side..

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2016 at 09:05 PM ----------

That might get me into trouble :slight_smile: