1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do straight/bi women look at an attractive man and think about sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hillwanderer, Jan 26, 2016.

1. hillwanderer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is probably a dumb question, so I apologize. I'm a cis female who's been questioning her sexuality for several years now. I'm really romantically attracted to men, but romantically and sexually to women, so I've been considering the labels bi and lesbian without really hitting on one that describes me well. I'll see a cute guy and take notice and think he has a nice face, and I often develop crushes on guys that end up being non-sexual: basically just fantasizing about kissing and cuddling them. It never goes further than that. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing a man naked as I would not be turned on by that at all, and the idea of having straight sex repulses me a bit.

Still, I have this lingering idea that MAYBE if I really fall in love with a man, which I seem to be capable of doing, then I would develop sexual attraction over time, or at least sex would be tolerable. But for straight/bi women, sexual attraction just seems automatic - you see a hot guy (a word I've never used to describe a guy ever) and start thinking sexual thoughts.. at least, that's how I think it is. Is that true? Are my feelings way different than what most straight/bi women feel?

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a bisexual woman who has been monogamous with a female partner for the past 30 years. You bet you're ass I think about sex when I see a hot guy! Many days, I think about sex with a hot guy even when I don't see one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just some input from my personal experience, which may or may not be helpful - I am (probably) bi, and I don't really think about sex much when I look at attractive people of either gender. I only really start to think about sex when I develop an emotional connection with someone, which has so far only happened with guys.

On the other hand, if you think about sex with attractive girls you see (you haven't stated so specifically, but I'm assuming you do because you said you are sexually attracted to women), but not attractive guys, that may be something that points toward you being a lesbian!