1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay, bi or pan?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nero360, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every since I hit 14 I've been crushing on guys. When I turned 16 started liking girls. But I've never had a crush on a girl. And I already came out to my mom a bi. She took pretty OK but if I were to end up gay OMG! So my real question is do I actually like girls, if so what is my orientation. As of now, girls dont even get stuck in my head the way boys do. Girls are like only on my mind at school and social media such as Instagram and Snapchat. Pls help, my head is ready to explode rn.

2. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This may not sound like good news at first, because it is not a direct answer, but you can simply pick one. What do you want to be? What would make you happy?

I think that people, and this may go double for those of us in the LGBT type community, get very hung up on labeling themselves as something. My brother once told me that he is not straight or gay, he just is whatever he is. He is just himself. He has a wife and he loves her, but he doesn't consider himself straight. He just lets himself be happy as he is.

Just focus on enjoying your life. You may one day realize "Oh I am gay." or "Oh I am bi..." Or you may not. Don't let it become a burden to you.

3. omgwhatishappen

Picking up on Funn's post, I would say that your identity is ultimately your own choice. N one else - either on this forum or in your personal life - can tell you who you are.

It sounds like you have a predominant passion for men. The label that would naturally follow this would be gay; however, you have some form of attraction towards women, so you could also be a variety of different labels. Bisexual. Homosexual / Hetero-romantic. It doesn't really matter in the end what you call yourself, as long as you accept and love yourself and do no harm to others.

On a personal level, I find that I do have a lot of appreciation and respect for women. I really envy the way they dress, I appreciate their beauty, and I enjoy their grace. I used to interpret this as plain sexual attraction, and now I realize that this is simply a platonic appreciation.

I hope this helps.

xoxo,
    trevor

4. arieltyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you may not want to hear this, but your label is something only you can decide. no one else can choose what YOU are, you must make that decision yourself. like someone else said, identify with what makes you happy!

5. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ppl.......
    I dont care about the fact that its my choice what I am. My real question is what are you guys opinion thus far with the information given. Because if you guys give me opinions I will then analyze them and compare. Its really to help me look from another angle. And you just gonna say its your choice. Pls dont even comment.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you have crushes on guys and not on girls, which would lead me to believe it's possible that you're gay. That being said, I'd give it more time and pay careful attention to who you find yourself attracted to. If you're attracted to girls and guys and just haven't happened to have had any serious crushes on girls yet, you could still be bi. If you give it some time and find that you're really only attracted to guys, you're probably gay. For the time being, I'd recommend continuing to be out as bi and identifying yourself privately by whatever label feels comfortable until you're sure which describes you best.