1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I be demisexual and a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by matty336, Jan 31, 2016.

1. matty336

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've always felt an attraction to girls and I know that in the future I'd like to be with a girl. However I never really felt any deep sexual feeling for girls unless I had a strong emotional connection and knew her really well.

Is it possible that I'm demisexual or am I just around the wrong girls?

2. H20

H20

Yes, of course you can be demisexual and a lesbian!

It doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, bi, or a lesbian - demisexual has to do with needing a strong emotional connection before sexual desires can arise.

The second idea is also a possibility, or sometimes people get into what I like to call lull desires where your desires are just taking a nap for a while. :sleep: I guess that's almost the same thing as demisexual, but demisexual has more of a permanency feel attached to it - even though this title could change at any time according to you and your feelings - compared to just not being attracted to anyone.

So you could be demisexual, not around the right girls, or both, because I mean if you are demisexual then you aren't around the right girls to stimulate your sexual desires, you know what I'm saying? :icon_bigg

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course! Somebody I used to talk to back in the day was both, and it worked fine in her case.

4. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is your choice. There are no rules on choosing your own sexuality. If you decided you were strictly a lesbian, but also straight, and bi... that would not make sense to me, but you are the only one that gets a say in that.

When asked about his sexuality, my brother says, "I am whatever the hell I feel like I being when I feel like being it." In actuality, he has never been attracted to anything but women. He just won't allow anyone to pin him down with any kind of label. I don't mind being called a lesbian, but I don't care much about that word one way or another. I care about any lovely ladies that make me feel all warm and deliciously anxious all the time. That's it.

Try not to get too wrapped up in labeling yourself as anything. Find a girl you like, and enjoy her. It can sometimes be as simple as that if you let it be.

Also H20 and Kira both seem very wise, I would take their advice seriously.

Be happy! <3