1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get turned on but don't really want to have sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by futuristicfire, Feb 1, 2016.

1. futuristicfire

By now I think I've figured out my sexuality, at least orientation-wise (Bi but with a pretty significant preference for girls) but I'm confused about something else.
    I know there's a difference between arousal and attraction and I'm really not sure where what I feel lies on that scale.
    It's like.. when I see something and my brain goes "yes. hot" and I feel turned on but I don't really want to have sex with them, what is that? It's not like I mind the idea or anything. I just don't really have a desire for it. Like there's this weird disconnect between "I want to look upon this person" and "I want to be ON this person".
    But I know it's not just aesthetic attraction, either. It feels different. Y'know. D-down there. Y'know.
    And whenever I imagine a sexual scenario it's always in third person. It never has me in it. Am I.. autochorissexual?
    Welp. Now people will tell me I'm just making up labels to feel special. :slight_smile:

#1 futuristicfire, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. H20

H20

I looked up autochorissexual and it does seem exactly the same as what you're saying. Also, people have some misleading ideas on asexuality at times because it's on a spectrum like everything else. Just because you get aroused or turned on does not mean you are sexually attracted or inclined to act upon your arousal. How I see it is that asexuality is just a lack of physical intimacy beyond cuddling, hugs, and whatnot. No sexual touching. So, autochrossexual would be a more definitive term and accurate, but so is simple sexuality. Honestly, if I were you, I'd pick autochrossexual just so I can confuse people even more, as I like doing things like that. Besides, it's more original and I like originality.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

Thank you for this thread. My case is almost the same as yours and I lacked a name for it so I couldn't really research it. I can't really contribute to your thread but I wanted to say thanks.

4. AJRachel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So glad you posted this. I'm feeling exactly the same. It's almost as if you could have written this post about me :lol: Im also bisexual with a strong preference to women. As for the sexual desires. Being turned on is one thing, but actually wanting to pursue it is another. I was with my ex girlfriend for over a year and we had a mutual understanding that she enjoyed receiving whereas I enjoyed giving so that worked for a while, that was until i realised I was only actually being turned on by the thought of the orgasm and the orgasm itself whereas the act of sex itself was not enjoyable at all (for me at least) I'm not really a touchy-feely person as it is, I'm not opposed to it as such I just feel like there's a time and a place for PDA and getting in somebody's personal space.
    As for a resolution. I'm afraid I'm not here to give you one. All I can say it you're not alone in feeling this way. Don't rush to put a label on it, you're entitled to feel however you want without having to find some sort of category that it falls into.

Here is you wanna talk. It's been nice to read your thread and thanks for being brave enough to share your story.