1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by cora13, Feb 3, 2016.

1. cora13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I will try to keep this short, but in all likelihood, this will be long!

I am 23, and really confused. I grew up in a Christian household and my extended family is very conservatove. I never really had crushes in school, at least until about 8th grade. My crushes on guys seem to be personality/intelligence based. I know I am physically more attracted to women. I notice things about women's bodies much more than men.

I am thinking I am demisexual. I have been in a relationship with a guy in high school, but he was away at college so it was a long distance relationship. Also, an ex-best friend of mine and I had a friends with benefits situation that recently completely blew up. She and I were closer than anyone else I had ever been friends with. I also can't imagine a one night stand or being intimate with anyone I don't know really well. I recently went on a date with a guy I had just met and at the end I knew he wanted to kiss me, but I didn't want him to. I don't know if it was just him or if it was because it was a man and not a woman.

I like physical contact, hugging, cuddling, holding hands, and all that. But I don't really know what it feels like to be sexually attracted to someone. I would say that I am more comfortable in a relationship with a guy, but that I am more attracted to women. Whenever I see two women in a relationship I feel... jealous? I am not sure if that is the right word to explain it. But like I want to be that happy. And I don't feel that same way when I see happy heterosexual couples.

I know you don't need labels, but I guess right now I am searching for direction in my life, and for some reason I feel as though a label, even a long complicated one, would give me that.