1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about dating trans people

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lacybi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I am a little on the nosey side and I wondered what people thought about dating a trans person. To be more specific, people who only like one gender dating pre-everything trans people.
    I'm also wondering what trans people's experiences are with dating. Were a lot of people put off by what sex you were? Did people try to date you BECAUSE you're trans?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't do it. Post-op would would be fine however.

You'll get a lot of different opinions on the topic.

3. oh my god I

I feel bad bc I am trans myself but I don't really find myself attracted to any trans guys I've seen. Usually they lean towards the feminine side but I really like masculinity. It's not about the genitals I guess... though... I prefer masculinity there too... anyway I don't blame guys if they wouldn't be into me either... ;-; though some are cool with it or willing to make exceptions. I get plenty of male attention just I'm too afraid to tell the guys I do want it to go somewhere with.... So I kind of get anxious and they think I'm rejecting them... bleh

#3 oh my god I, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. H20

H20

You can't force someone to be open to new experiences and if someone would have issues dating me as a trans guy, I would understand if they were respectful about it. I don't want anyone to tell me I've deceived them by not telling them right away or that I'm not really a guy because I don't have a penis. If they can't see themselves with me because I don't have a penis, whatever. Some people just can't try it. The whole point is just to be appropriate and respectful.

5. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personally I wouldn't have issues dating someone who's trans pre-op or post-op. Even if I were dating someone who hadn't come out as trans or whatever I'd still support them and be okay with whatever they wanted to do.

6. JackIsANerd

I am trans pre-everything so not sure how people would feel dating me but I would date anyone gender doesn't matter to me. :grin: