1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digit Ratio?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WhatAmINow, Feb 8, 2016.

1. WhatAmINow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Some of you may have seen my other post where i explained my situation but ill give a basic summary here: History of OCD(obsessions), sexual issues with girlfriend, began worrying im gay.

Anyway, i was reading posts here and i saw something about the digit ratio which really set me off. Does anyone know how credible it is? Most comments here were from homosexuals saying they had the "masculine" ratio, but it seems my ratio is more "feminine". My ring finger is only slightly longer, or perhaps theyre the same length. Does this truly mean anything about me? Im really freaked out, since i saw the post last night i probably measured my fingers about 30 times and literally lost sleep over it.

So, does anyone who is more informed on this topic know about how credible/ reliable it is? Or if it actually indicates homosexuality as opposed to just certain traits.

Thanks

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The article is a correlation study. It means that some gay guys will display this ratio while other gay guys don't. Same goes for straights. Some straights have the expected finger ratio and others don't.

3. noname8387

it's not a RULE, you can have a longer index finger and be straight. Even less if the difference is minimal.

The length of your finger will not define who you as a person or who you are attracted to.
    Its like saying "tall people are more attractive" yeah a lot of times it does apply but you can be short and be a lot more attractive than may taller guys, you know what I'm saying? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 noname8387, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016