1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am So Lost

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lyonhaart, Feb 8, 2016.

1. lyonhaart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've never known my sexuality, and part of me believes that it will take a long while before I know. Obviously, I'm not gonna have people tell me what I am, rather, I'd appreciate just your thoughts. There's a difference between telling someone what they are and what you think they are. I would like to hear the latter.

I've always changed my orientation, and as of now, I have no idea where I stand. Straight, Bi, Pan, Gay. I'm most familiar with these, but I know that there are plenty of other orientations and I'd like to be educated on them, get to know specifics so I can better understand who I am.

Being at the age I am, I've only had one relationship. I had dated a transgender male for 10 months and felt absolutely comfortable being with him. Long story short, we both made mistakes and eventually broke up. Though he was male, he still had the genitals of a female, I have never experimented with the genitals of a male, but I would absolutely love to.

Now there's this other girl who I talk to a lot, I guess we're friends. We have both talked very openly about our feelings and thoughts on ourselves, each other, and everything else. Because of this we have experimented with each other. We haven't engaged in sexual intercourse and both seem really iffy about it. We've only cuddled and felt each other up, both being totally comfortable with it. We aren't in a relationship, just a beneficial friendship(?) We have talked about stating a relationship, but figured it'd be better to keep things at the level they are. We agreed to stop what we do if we ever found someone and started a relationship with them.

I am only interested in "dating" someone if I get to know them as a friend first. I have never signed up for any online dating sites/apps because I believe it's better to date someone you've known than go on some random date. I feel more comfortable with that person that way.

I am agender (AMAB) though, so I don't know if I could exactly be considered hetero/homosexual. I don't know how that would work honestly. If I dated another agender/androgynous/nonbinary person, am I considered straight? Am I considered gay?Someone please explain that too, please!

To sum things up, I am completely comfortable with dating someone with male/female genitals. I am completely comfortable with dating someone with any sexual preference/gender. I am not comfortable with dating someone I don't know. I'd rather at least have past experiences with that person before considering a relationship.

Hope this is enough information for someone to help me out. :king:

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Not caring what the others gender is would be pan (i think?)
    some call the wanting to know someone better before starting something with them demisexual.Others just see it as a normal part of sexual attraction to get to know someone first and leave that label.
    In the end it's your decision what labels you want to use.

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

(or if you want to use any at all)

3. lyonhaart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, I know that some people would actually prefer to disregard labels, and I understand why. I'd probably do the same, but I'm all caught up in figuring out who I am that I never have time to try and get used to using no labels, if any of that made sense

4. YinYang

This right here sounds like demiromantic, meaning there is only romantic attraction after a strong emotional bond is formed. It's basically demisexual, but for romantic orientation.

Of course you can be homo/heterosexual! If you choose to identify as homosexual because you are only sexually attracted to people with 'male' genitalia, that's fine. There is a label called androsexual/androphilic, which means attracted to 'male' genitalia. I personally don't like these labels, but it's up to you.

This sounds like demi-panromantic to me. You didn't say much about sexual attraction, so I can't help you much with that.

5. lyonhaart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's pretty much the same thing, sexually, I wouldn't mind getting in bed with someone of any gender/with male or female genitalia. I'm open to literally everyone, just as long as I get to have experiences beforehand with them, as previously mentioned :grin: