1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different kinds of crushes

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 1ring, Feb 13, 2016.

1. 1ring

So I was just wondering if it's normal to crush on different genders differently? When I have a crush on a guy I get nervous around them but that doesn't happen when I have a crush on a girl, is that normal? I'm used to crushing on guys so I doubt my crushes on girls because they're totally different and I was just wondering if other people were the same.

2. tonylee

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I think that might mean something counter-intuitive. That is, you're probably a little more into men than woman. Your expectation is higher - alas, the raised anxiety. Just my 2 cents.

3. KittensandCandy

I think I get what you mean? When I crush on a girl I get more awkward and my words muddled but when when its a guy I get more flustered and wibbly wobbly.

4. Sultane

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is the case for a lot of bisexual people I have talked to and myself. Mostly I think it's a mix of who we are most comfortable around, how we think we should react to the gender, and the individual we're flirting with.

5. VHS Tape

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ditto but reversed.

Before I realized I was bi, I had a much stronger preference for boys (at the time I didn't understand what my first girl crush meant, except that I would be flustered around the girl) and so I would get equally flustered around guys and girls, and as I've gotten older and developed a more strong preference towards women, while I don't get as badly flustered any more, I am definitely A LOT more nervous around women I like. It's so strange.

And yet with a guy, I could find him absolutely smoking hot, and he still won't cause me to get nervous. I think it's also because I'm more confident with men, and it's easier to tell when a guy is into you (for me as a woman), as opposed to trying to puzzle out a woman's sexuality :bang:

As tonylee said I also do believe that said reaction might be an indicator that you have a gender preference. And I mean some people definitively have a gender preference, and are well aware of the fact, but me for instance, I didn't think I had one until I realized that I react in completely different ways between men and women. I'm brave with men and a complete wuss with the ladies :lol:

#5 VHS Tape, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah its different... I dunno feel like I can talk to a guy about complete shit and we'll both find it funny. So I'll end up in these weird jokey relationships with my guy crushes but I've never been confident enough to take any steps further. With my girl crushes we're usually friends where I compliment the heck out of them and I can barely look at them sometimes because they make me so nervous. Yeah, I'm more nervous around girls for sure.

7. 1ring

Thank you sooo much for replying. I get nervous thinking about my female crushes but I don't often find myself nervous around them. Anyway as I said thank you so much for replying and reassuring me that I am actually normal.