1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I in a relationship?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by closetedstudent, Feb 14, 2016.

1. closetedstudent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,
    I was just seeking some advice/comments about a thing that I have with a guy.
    I am gay, and before this guy I had no experience being intimate or anything. We are both students at a university in Boston. About 3.5 months ago, we matched on t1nder and we talked for about a week. We really hit it off so we ended up meeting in person and going into the city. Neither of us are the hookup type so we were happy to be able to get to know each other and hangout! He was really really great and we ended up kissing after that first date.
    Fast forward about 3 months and we are still going strong. We talk & snapchat every single day and our conversation/bond never gets old and we always have stuff to talk about. We've been pretty intimate (intense making out, handjobs, blow jobs, cum in mouth, and kind of 69'd the other night lol). We go on cute dates like restaurants, museums, movies etc.
    We are both very busy with school so we hangout about once a week, sometimes more.

The point of this thread is this: Am I in a legitimate relationship with this great guy? I know that defining things as a committed relationship can be difficult, so what would you call what we have? Second, how do I keep things interesting for both of us? Things are going great and I like him more and more each day, but how do I make sure this keeps going? Date advice, topics, etc. Finally, how do I keep things interesting when we are messing around? We got completely naked with each other last night and were really feeling each other's body so that was a big step. So what else can I do to keep it hot.
    I know this is a lot of info, but I wanted to give you the whole story.
    Comments of any kind are welcome.
    Thanks so much,
    Michael

#1 closetedstudent, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Sultane

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel at three months you're not going to have to work very hard to keep things interesting. Especially if seeing each other naked is the peak of your sexual experience with him, maybe just enjoy that with him for now-especially since you haven't even used up all the more vanilla stuff yet (e.g. ass play, rimming).
    As for dating and the relationship question, you might be able to kill two birds with one stone. As most people seem to be averse to the whole 'where are we in this relationship?' talk, why not organise a more formal fancy date the type you would go on if you were seriously dating. Or invite him to meet your other friends and see if he describes you as 'his boyfriend' or acts more like you are in a relationship.
    I'd say you were in a more casual relationship now but you seem to be in a closed relationship (both of you not seeing anyone else). This seems like a good step towards a more firm committed relationship.

3. closetedstudent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much for the reply! Yeah I think we are in a good place right now. We are only freshmen and yes neither of us are out. I'm just trying to enjoy where things are at-having someone I can talk to everyday, do fun stuff with, and get intimate. I'll probably not talk to him about exactly what "we" are, I don't see any need. Neither of us are seeing other people so we're in a good place.