1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by whynot, Feb 14, 2016.

1. whynot

whynot Guest

so for awhile now i have accepted that i am gay.. i have always been attracted to girls.. i have always thought i'm really in love with a friend.. like really madly in love with her.. she's all i could think of.. but i can't really tell her my true feelings for her.. anyway.. recently.. i met a guy.. he's really nice.. cute.. and he basically possess everything i look for in a girl.. except for him being a guy of course.. he has been a good friend.. we regularly talk to each other.. i even told him i'm gay.. but for some reasons.. i just find him attractive and even started to flirt with him.. last night, i sort of flirted with him then he told me he want to kiss me.. now.. i used to be really sure i'm gay.. never even thought i could be with a man.. ever.. but when he said he wanted to kiss me.. i actually didn't mind if he did.. which is weird.. now i'm not sure if this is just a phase.. if i'm just sexually frustrated.. or if i just interpreted our connection with each other the wrong way.. i was feeling a bit down lately and he's always making me feel better.. i don't know.. maybe it was because i'm comfortable with him..

now.. i know i said i'm in love with my friend.. who's a girl.. and that actually complicate things more.. because if i'm really in love with her.. then why do i feel this way about my guy friend.. although i know it's quite normal to have crushes.. what i actually feel for my friend (the girl one) is actually deeper.. not actually driven by lust..

i don't know.. what exactly is happening.. any thought about this would really help.. thanks..

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Aww, that sounds very confusing, honey. I want to give you a hug. (*hug*)
    It's entirely okay for you to feel this way. Sometimes emotions are tangled, messy, and hard to control. As for your identity, let me say that it is very possible to be gay with wiggle room. It's certainly common. I've seen it on this site and in real life many times.
    If you're in love with your friend, you might want to pause the progression of your relation with your other male friend who you shared a kiss with. Otherwise you might end up hurting him if you have to cut it off later.
    Perhaps you need some time by yourself to figure things out? People here on the site and so on can help you as well.

3. KittensandCandy

There is the term 'homoflexible' which means primarily gay but sometimes/rarely attracted to the opposite gender :slight_smile:

4. whynot

whynot Guest

thanks.. i'm starting to panic.. because i thought i have everything figured out already.. i just got confused when i reacted that way about my guy friend.. i actually told him about it.. and he told me i just probably got confused because it seems he's filling the void that my female friend left in my life.. since my feelings for my female friend isn't reciprocated.. this is really confusing.. i'm afraid that me being gay is just a phase.. but it doesn't seem like it.. because if that's the case.. then i should not feel that much about my female friend.. she practically crushed my heart when i realized all we ever can be is just friends..

thanks for all your replies..